Saint coaching replacements. (1 Viewer)

OldSaintFan

USM Golden Eagles
Reaction score
With at least two new head coaches hired today and possibly one or two more tomorrow, I would expect the Saints to ramp up their hiring process for our coaching replacements. All of the available coaches for these jobs are going to start disappearing off the Radar.

IIRC, quite a few position coach and scout/front office hires are facilitated by the Senior Bowl practices, which act as a defacto league meeting week. So I won't be surprised if we don't hear anything until early February.

I'd be incredibly surprised if we didn't have a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd candidate in mind for each open position. This is a professional organization. They play chess. They aren't just making moves to make them.

There's a plan. Trust the plan.

IIRC, quite a few position coach and scout/front office hires are facilitated by the Senior Bowl practices, which act as a defecto league meeting week. So I won't be surprised if we don't hear anything until early February.

I really hope they are not waiting. I mean, they generate enough money to bring and interview the best candidates available.

It is a matter of effectiveness, not convenience. Waiting until the Senior Bowl is pretty dumb. We should be racing to sign the best people.

On the other part, we know that they don't care to make announcements until they want to. One of my biggest criticisms is their policies ( or lack of there of) of communicating to the fan base.

Just think about it, we have been eliminated for a couple of weeks and we haven't got the end of season press conference, in which, by the way, they will say nothing.

Unless we're firing Payton, no one is passing on being HC to be a position coach. More money, more control, more power.

And the guys available are coaches who were fired from non-playoff teams. I think we're after some playoff assistant coach and such.

Unless we're firing Payton, no one is passing on being HC to be a position coach. More money, more control, more power.

And the guys available are coaches who were fired from non-playoff teams. I think we're after some playoff assistant coach and such.

We don't if they are looking at former coordinators or position coaches.

We presume they may be promoting Brian Young for the defensive line and Kevin O'Dea for Special teams. If that is the case they would not hurt to let us know.

We also have suspicions of who can coach the linebackers. I don't know how it would hurt to let us know the names.

I am sure by now they have a good idea of who they will hire, but I think they will take some time to let us know.

wonder if they would go the college route to find some assistant coaches?

I really hope they are not waiting. I mean, they generate enough money to bring and interview the best candidates available.

It is a matter of effectiveness, not convenience. Waiting until the Senior Bowl is pretty dumb. We should be racing to sign the best people.

On the other part, we know that they don't care to make announcements until they want to. One of my biggest criticisms is their policies ( or lack of there of) of communicating to the fan base.

Just think about it, we have been eliminated for a couple of weeks and we haven't got the end of season press conference, in which, by the way, they will say nothing.

I guess you missed the one where he said he wasn't going to coach for another football team..

Sean Payton's end of the season press conference quotes

Also, they're probably interviewing/calling people, and the finalized staff will be announced in a few weeks - just like every season. For comparison, last year's staff was announced on Feb 2nd: New Orleans Saints announce coaching staff changes and additions

What does it matter when they make the announcement? Surely you have something more important going on in your life.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom