Saints Saint Free Agent signings you were excited about but ended up going bust. (2 Viewers)

Many of the previously mentioned—I thought Jake Reed in 1999 was losing looks to Carter & Moss In Minnesota & would come here & put up big numbers, but that sure didn’t happen. Thankfully Joe Horn took that role
Thats a great one. Him and Andre Hastings are the two biggest names to come here and flop. Reed went from great to fizzle quickly

I think for me, it was CJ. I was never happy about the signing, seemed a bit of a luxury purchase when we needed help elsewhere.

For all the hate the guy is getting, you'd think people would spell his name right.... But my choice is also Jairus Byrd. I lived in Buffalo so my friends who are Bills fans told me I should be super excited about it. I even went out and bought a jersey... Yeah, not my best purchase....

Just a little did you know moment.... We almost landed Brett Favre in free agency. The Packers, in the end, offer Favre a contract to stay. Just remembered him visiting the team's facility. Imagine we were so close to having Favre as our quarterback.

I never liked the Spiller signing, I didn't think he was a good fit, I think Payton signed him because he was fast like Reggie but he wasn't the overall athlete that Reggie was.
If I remember correctly, wasn't Payton having dinner with Bush and was planning on bringing him back, but then signed Spiller the next day?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom