Saints Saint Free Agent signings you were excited about but ended up going bust. (2 Viewers)

I was excited about Byrd - but if I’m being honest, I’d never heard of the guy before we made him our prize free agent. I was mostly excited because of how annoyed everyone else in the league was that we signed him. Then it felt like forever before he was healthy enough to play - and then that Dallas game where they thrashed us, he looked just awful.

I was stoked for Tebucky Jones because he was coming from New England - but we quickly learned how Bill never loses a trade.

So old school guys I remember - not sure if this slightly pre-dates free agency but I remember being excited to sign Louis Lipps from Pittsburg. He was a shell of himself and I think he had one catch for one yard and a fumble with the Saints.

I also remember signing Tim Rosenbaugh who was a decent backup with the cardinals. But he never played for us because he ruptured a disk in his back riding in a rodeo. I think we also signed Tootie Robbins that same offseason and he too never played a down with us.

The absolute most excited I’ve ever been signing a free agent was when we signed Jim Everett. I just knew with a decent defense he’d be able to do what he did with the Rams. Sadly he put up good numbers but our defense at that point was long on the decline.

Also was super excited for Michael Haynes.

Coby Fleener. I never thought he'd be the next Jimmy Graham, but I thought he would have been better than he turned out.

And Jared Cook, while we're at it. He's certainly better than Fleener, but I'm still a little disappointed in his output.
With Cook I wasnt expecting big production numbers, but a player who would deliver when his number was called. The production was good but reliability wasnt.

Many of the previously mentioned—I thought Jake Reed in 1999 was losing looks to Carter & Moss In Minnesota & would come here & put up big numbers, but that sure didn’t happen. Thankfully Joe Horn took that role

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom