Saints Saint Free Agent signings you were excited about but ended up going bust. (1 Viewer)

Back in 2003, I stated that the Saints should sign Orlando Ruff away from the San Diego Chargers. I thought Ruff would be a stud LB for the Saints and give the defense just what it needed.

As fate would have it, the Saints signed Ruff. I was STOKED!

He flopped. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Wally Williams, guy was supposed to be a stud on our OL and hurt his neck, was never the same after that.
Dale Carter was another, we never could get that shutdown corner and I thought we finally got one in him, he flopped

I never liked the Spiller signing, I didn't think he was a good fit, I think Payton signed him because he was fast like Reggie but he wasn't the overall athlete that Reggie was.

This one I was sure was going to be awesome for us. Spiller was a good receiver out of the backfield and had some good years for the Bills. He broke his collarbone in 2014 and for whatever reason (maybe he had other injuries) was never the same after.

He was a track and field star in HS and ran a 4.3 40 and I believe among the fastest cone and shuttle times for a RB that draft year. He was plenty athletic, just not the same player by the time he got here....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom