Saint heroes with unknown names (1 Viewer)

Jonesy77

Banned
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Funny how the biggest single plays in Saints history were not by the household names.

Gilliam - First kickoff return
Milne - Hakim recovery to seal up first playoff win
Gleason - Blocked punt

Are there any bigger plays than those three in Saints history by a person with a famous name? Dempsey maybe.

"Brian Milne the most unlikely hero of them all, falls on the fumble the muff by hakim! THERE IS A GOD AFTER ALL"

One of the best quotes I've ever heard.

robert wilson got the scoring started in the playoff win. followed by 3 willie jackson TD's

Yeah, Wilson also dropped a pass that would have sealed the game prior to the punt.

"Brian Milne the most unlikely hero of them all, falls on the fumble the muff by hakim! THERE IS A GOD AFTER ALL"

One of the best quotes I've ever heard.

I cried for an hour after that Game...Hope to shed some more tears come February. For that day Milne was GOD:worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

In wilson's defense didn't he ahve a cast on for that game?

I think it was a partial cast on a finger or two maybe?

I remember thinking, at the time, that he should have made the catch, but that it was not unforgivable. It definitely hit him right between the hands. He had it between his hands and appeared to come down with it, but the way he landed, the nose of the ball hit the ground as he was coming down. I think the play might have even been challenged, and we lost.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom