Saintman's piece of advice to Saints fans and sports fans in general (Parody Post) (1 Viewer)

Saintman2884

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Disclaimer: The following is a thinly-veiled but humorous shot at J.J. Watt's recent Gatorade commercial

If I could give fellow Saints fans, hell even sports fans in general (NCAAF, NHL, NBA, MLB) any piece of advice, it's this: Find a team that you know just from a cursory standpoint, you can beat the sheet out of almost every SINGLE time you play them, it's not a ratio of 9 times out of 10 you'll beat them, that still leaves a somewhat marginal chance these teams could still upset you at some point. No, you are totally in-sync about the notion that your team will always and continue to beat these teams up all the time. These teams, whoever they are, are perennial losers like Pittsburgh Pirates, Duke or North Carolina's college football programs. Their fans are so in denial, so delusional about their team's chances year after year it would be cruel almost to remind them how badly their teams are if you given to chance.

These teams are terrible, but they still serve an important utilitarian function, they make nice targeting practice to prepare for the real teams, the perennial playoff contenders, SB contenders, teams that have historically winning traditions, consistently draft well, hire good HC's and coaching staffs, have HOF QB's, RB's, defensive MVP's, HOF owners. Beating these lesser teams might make them hate you, despise you, make you feel like playing them is a waste of your time, mental and physical energy, and resources but that's okay domination in sports can be a good thing. It brings clarity, purpose, a distinctly familiar understanding of what you've achieved as players, coaches, fans of a certain team. You're are resound in your commitment, Saints fans, to realize that 40 years ago we used to be like these sheetty, uncompetitive teams are now and how we never, ever want to be like that or be perceived that way by our rivals in the NFC or the NFL as a whole. Remember the 1-15 season in 1980, I was only a year old when that happened and don't remember it, and I thank God for it, probably about 60% of most current Saints fans in 2019 weren't alive then or were too young to remember that awful, pathetic season. But we don't want that sort of season happening in our lifetimes as painful as it was for our parents or grandparents to endure that hopeless season from hell.

Is it in you, fellow Saints fans? Not Gatorade, but that iron will of determination and persistence to win against all costs?

So I repeat: IS IT IN YOU?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom