Saints’ 2021 top pick Turner making plans to prove himself (1 Viewer)

• Admin
FILE - New Orleans Saints defensive end Payton Turner moves against the Carolina Panthers during the second half of an NFL football game Sunday, Sept. 19, 2021, in Charlotte, N.C. Saints 2021 first-round draft choice Turner says he still feels a bit like a rookie with a lot to prove after injuries largely derailed his maiden NFL campaign. (AP Photo/Nell Redmond, File)
(AP Photo/Nell Redmond, File)

METAIRIE, La. (AP) — Saints 2021 first-round draft choice Payton Turner says he still feels a bit like a rookie after injuries largely derailed his maiden NFL campaign.
Yet he smiles easily and often, projecting a veteran’s sort of confidence as he takes questions about expectations surrounding him.

“We’ve all got something to prove -- me especially,” Turner said. “Prove to myself that I am who I think I am.”

The 6-foot-6, 270-pound Turner -- who also played basketball in his youth and fondly recalls jumping over defenders to dunk on them – looks the part of an NFL defensive end.

Teammates and coaches say his natural ability is not in question. What remains to be seen is whether he’ll develop the requisite pass-rushing and run-stopping skills to thrive as a pro.

Full Story - AP

Andrus Whitewing

Andrus Whitewing

Admin

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom