Saints’ 7 takeaways, Payton’s favorite stat - article (1 Viewer)

kfran

TwoDat! Let's Do It Again
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Saints’ 7 takeaways Payton’s favorite stat

Offseason work paying off in early games

By LES EAST
Special to The Advocate

METAIRIE — The story of the New Orleans Saints’ first two games can be told through a variety of numbers.

The most significant is 2-0: the team’s record after beating Detroit 45-27 in the season opener and going to Philadelphia and defeating the Eagles 48-22 on Sunday.

Those 93 points scored jump out. As do quarterback Drew Brees’ statistics: 75.0 percent completion rate, nine touchdowns, two interceptions, 334.5 yards per game and a 132.9 passer rating.

But few if any numbers are as telling, and satisfying to coach Sean Payton, as seven: the number of turnovers New Orleans has caused — six interceptions and one fumble recovery.

So far, the Saints are reaping dividends from an offseason and summer in which new defensive coordinator Gregg Williams has constantly preached and coached the value of creating turnovers.
Read more...
http://www.2theadvocate.com/sports/saints/60124932.html

aka - give me more offensive snaps

Greedy greedy greedy SP :nono:

Ditto! :9: With a prolific offense like the Saints, if ST's and the D continue to create 3-4 turnovers per game, I think double digit wins will become the norm in 09'. Very promising so far.

All I know is if this offense continues to get 12 possessions a game, it will average over 30 points a game. It's not hard to play defense in that situation.

Yes yes yes! Our offense is winning us all these games, and our defense will win us a Championship!! This season is so exciting.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom