Saints’ Alvin Kamara is NASCAR’s newest superfan thanks to Bubba Wallace (1 Viewer)

• Admin
1592173811390.png

By David Wilson | Miami Herald

HOMESTEAD — Alvin Kamara knew a little bit — a very little bit — about NASCAR before Wednesday. He grew up in Georgia and has spent pretty much his entire life living in the South, so he would maybe watch a race for a few minutes while he flipped through channels in the summer and nothing else was going on. He never really cared enough to learn how the sport works.

On Wednesday, NASCAR made the decision to ban the Confederate flag from its venues, at the urging of Bubba Wallace, the lone black full-time driver in the NASCAR Cup Series. “When the next race?” Kamara asked on Twitter once he saw the news. About an hour later, the New Orleans Saints’ three-time Pro Bowl running back plopped down in front of his television to live-tweet the Blue-Emu Maximum Pain Relief 500. By banning the Confederate flag, NASCAR gained one more prominent fan.

“I’ve watched it before like I’ve turned it on and just skimmed through it, but I never really understood it,” Kamara said as he watched a NASCAR Xfinity Series race early Sunday in Homestead. “I never even really took the time to understand what was going on.”

Full Story - Tampa Bay Times

Dan

Dan

Admin

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom