Saints’ Alvin Kamara wants to be the next star RB with a contract extension (OPINION) (1 Viewer)

• Admin
1586920447129.png

By Joseph Nocco | Clutch Points

With Carolina Panthers running back Christian McCaffrey recently receiving a massive payday, seemingly due to his ability to both run and catch the football, the versatile offensive weapon has notably become the highest-paid player at his position in NFL history. With the Panthers standout and former first-round pick in McCaffrey already taken care of, it appears New Orleans Saints running back Alvin Kamara, who can do similar things to his NFC South counterpart, maybe next in line for a lucrative contract.

However, Kamara of the Saints remains focused solely on football in the meantime; it hasn’t even been a week since McCaffrey received his new four-year contract.
“Man, look, I don’t even,” Kamara said of the news regarding McCaffrey. “I just play football. I’m just a football guy, I don’t know nothing about contracts, and all these things, and all this money. Shout out to Christian, man. That’s my boy. Talented for sure.”
Full Story - Clutch Points

Last edited:
Dan

Dan

Admin
Sign him to an extension now! (I say that only if you can get Lattimore to sign also. I don’t want to lose Lattimore at all) Give Kamara $10 million per year for 5 additional years. So he gets paid this year instead of the $2 million he’s slated. Pay him now while he’s humble and wants to stay here. Even if you have to pay him $12 million per year that’s too high. Carolina probably overpaid by $3 million per year but they had no choice because he’s the face of the franchise.

Kamara still has work to do to improve his route running. That’s partially Sean Payton’s fault and not finding more ways for him to get the ball beyond the option routes that worked so well in 2018. At $10 million that will free up draft picks for other positions for a couple of years until we replace Murray. But over $12 million is way too much and Kamara seems like he’s not going for a max contract.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom