Saints’ Malcolm Jenkins says he’s up to the challenge (1 Viewer)

Go back and look at the last game of the season against Carolina, which Jenkins sat out due to injury, and then tell me how good AQ is. I'd love for him to be the answer, but I didn't see evidence last season that he can be a starter in the NFL. If Payton thought we had that guy already on the roster, he probably wouldn't have drafted Vaccaro at 15.
While I personally don't envision IAQ as a full-time starter, I do think he posseses the instincts to hawk some balls in the deep half of our secondary. Situationally bringing him out there could allow Vaccaro to come closer to the LOS and, perhaps more importantly, keep Harper out of coverage.

Regret to say, if Jenkins truly were up to the challenge, he would not be facing one....

Every start to a new season should be a challenge to every man on the field!
I think he will be up to it.

Why is Jenkins airing out private locker room business, this will be the catalyst to get him fired.

What private locker room business? That Reggie had a bad attitude when Ingram was drafted? That's not private, that is VERY public starting with the "tweet". You might be referring to the not so veiled shot at Spag's? That is not so private either.

The more quality athletes you have competing, the more quality your team should become. They can learn from each other, and with the right coaches they will only learn the GOOD things from one another.

CB's and Safeties, there are quite a few of em on the team and they can interchange to some degree. It is possible Jenkins and Vacarro could end up starting on the same team. Let the best men start and having starting quality backups is never a bad thing as long as you can afford it.

Kris

I still like Jenkins and think most of his problems last year were Spags related. He can cover which is something Harper cannot do. Ryan may find a way to use all these guys but I think Harper will be the one with the fewest snaps. With Ryan calling the shots and the improvements we've made with Lewis, Vaccarro, Butler, Jenkins and the other depth guys we've picked up, I expect our D to be significantly improved. I think the coaching change and improvements on the back end and up front will add up to everybody looking better because neither one should have to overcompensate for the other. Opponents will have respect our pass and run defense. I hope. :)

Every start to a new season should be a challenge to every man on the field!
I think he will be up to it.

What private locker room business? That Reggie had a bad attitude when Ingram was drafted? That's not private, that is VERY public starting with the "tweet". You might be referring to the not so veiled shot at Spag's? That is not so private either.

The more quality athletes you have competing, the more quality your team should become. They can learn from each other, and with the right coaches they will only learn the GOOD things from one another.

CB's and Safeties, there are quite a few of em on the team and they can interchange to some degree. It is possible Jenkins and Vacarro could end up starting on the same team. Let the best men start and having starting quality backups is never a bad thing as long as you can afford it.

Kris

agreed! iron sharpens iron, and i believe the new additions will only make our secondary stronger and more deep. i like the idea of having, 4-5 starting caliber cbs on the roster... that is if MJ goes back to cb

Go back and look at the last game of the season against Carolina, which Jenkins sat out due to injury, and then tell me how good AQ is. I'd love for him to be the answer, but I didn't see evidence last season that he can be a starter in the NFL. If Payton thought we had that guy already on the roster, he probably wouldn't have drafted Vaccaro at 15.

So IAQ is proven not a starter by 1 bad game yet people still have faith in Jenkins after 2 bad seasons? And I'm guessing the TB game he started for can't be used as evidence on to why he is a starter?

Reggie didn't have a chance? Could have sworn he had a lot of chances but kept running to the sidelines.

Funny how Reggie was faulted and blame for running out of bounds. When other running backs on our team runs out of bounds it is "smart of (insert name) that he runs out of bounds instead of risk getting injured for one more yard. Save it for the next play."

I still like Jenkins and think most of his problems last year were Spags related. He can cover which is something Harper cannot do. Ryan may find a way to use all these guys but I think Harper will be the one with the fewest snaps. With Ryan calling the shots and the improvements we've made with Lewis, Vaccarro, Butler, Jenkins and the other depth guys we've picked up, I expect our D to be significantly improved. I think the coaching change and improvements on the back end and up front will add up to everybody looking better because neither one should have to overcompensate for the other. Opponents will have respect our pass and run defense. I hope. :)

Could not disagree more on Jenkins. He cannot cover, and Harper is worse. Harper is pretty good on run support or the blitz. Both need to GO.

I still think its going to help Malcom Jenkins playing in a better defensive.I have not given up on him just yet,now Roman Harper see ya.

I was against Jenkins move to safety from the start. I wonder what could've been if we allowed him to develop at corner.

Posted from Saintsreport.com App for Android

Regret to say, if Jenkins truly were up to the challenge, he would not be facing one....

Perhaps if Malcom .....just played better, starting with the abilities to cover, tackle and be near the ball....and Oh yeah, an "Occasional" interception might be nice at times.

Fifty Seven career NFL games........and FOUR picks.

Perhaps if Malcom .....just played better, starting with the abilities to cover, tackle and be near the ball....and Oh yeah, an "Occasional" interception might be nice at times.

Fifty Seven career NFL games........and FOUR picks.

Man, I wish I could give you a dozen green thumbs. Jenkins can't cover as a FS, he **** sure can't cover as a corner.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom