Saints’ Malcolm Jenkins says he’s up to the challenge (1 Viewer)

Dan in Lafayette

Staff member
Administrator
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls

By Gary Estwick

Special to The Advocate

NEW ORLEANS — Malcolm Jenkins said he embraced the Saints’ first-round selection of Kenny Vaccaro — despite the threat to his job security at free safety — after recalling Mark Ingram’s less-than-cordial welcome to the franchise by former teammate Reggie Bush.

Bush infamously tweeted, “It’s been fun New Orleans,” after the Saints picked Ingram 28th overall in 2011. Three months later, Bush, also a former No. 1 pick, indeed was out of the Crescent City — but not before he created an uncomfortable workplace, Jenkins said.

“It makes it an awkward situation in the locker room,” Jenkins said Saturday at a Lemonade Day Louisiana Kick-Off event outside of Stallings Playground.

More

Really like this quote

"...he’s going to add a lot of his 3-4 concepts as well. So he’s going to do what our players do best and allow us to flourish in our strengths as opposed to trying to fit into his mode. I think that’s going to be good for us.”

Regret to say, if Jenkins truly were up to the challenge, he would not be facing one....

i still have faith in jenkins, id much rather vaccaro at SS, he is exactly what u want at SS, cover like a DB, hit like a LB

i still have faith in jenkins, id much rather vaccaro at SS, he is exactly what u want at SS, cover like a DB, hit like a LB

I never noticed before Tru but you look a lot like Jenkins there in your pic, dress like him as well...is it me but is there a guy who looks like Zappa in here too? :scratch: :no: :spit: :hihi: :giggles: :rainfro: :ylsmoke:

I love how the New Orleans media continues to bash Reggie. He never had a chance with the way that media is. People on here still don't realize just how valuable he was to this offense.

I love how the New Orleans media continues to bash Reggie. He never had a chance with the way that media is. People on here still don't realize just how valuable he was to this offense.

Reggie didn't have a chance? Could have sworn he had a lot of chances but kept running to the sidelines.

Why is Jenkins airing out private locker room business, this will be the catalyst to get him fired.

“Before the draft, when we were talking about different scenarios,” Loomis said onWWL Radio,“one of the scenarios was that Malcolm could move into the nickel position because he has done that before and he does have good coverage skills.”
I know a lot of posters have been talking about this scenario; it's nice to hear that Loomis is open to it as well. I'm sure it hasn't been decided yet, but as the cards fall I think this is how it plays out. Vaccaro is a much more natural safety than Jenkins, who can thrive as our nickel IMHO.

My ultimate Cover 1 (I'm not even sure if RR plays much Cover 1 though) package would then be IAQ as the deep centerfielder, Vaccaro at strong, and Jenkins at nickel. Giggity.

Why is Jenkins airing out private locker room business, this will be the catalyst to get him fired.
Umm, am I missing something here?

Never understood the Jenkins hate around here quite honestly. I like the ending quote of the article as well. He kind of takes a shot at Spags approach of trying to unnaturally fit players into a scheme instead of designing your scheme for your players. Can't wait to see our D play with some confidence and, dare I say, SWAG again.

One off-note comment to add: I still really dislike those new jerseys. Those collars are just hideous and unnaturally forced. But I digress... :rant:

In my opinion Abdul-Quddus has EARNED more playing time! He has shown the greatest ball-hawking skills of any safety on our roster and he's a physical hitter to boot. I think he is going to continue to elevate his game this season.

Dude, it was Jenkins who was pointing out that Reggie didn't handle the Ingram pick well, not "the media." Read more carefully before you react.

In my opinion Abdul-Quddus has EARNED more playing time! He has shown the greatest ball-hawking skills of any safety on our roster and he's a physical hitter to boot. I think he is going to continue to elevate his game this season.
Go back and look at the last game of the season against Carolina, which Jenkins sat out due to injury, and then tell me how good AQ is. I'd love for him to be the answer, but I didn't see evidence last season that he can be a starter in the NFL. If Payton thought we had that guy already on the roster, he probably wouldn't have drafted Vaccaro at 15.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom