Saints’ Priority (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Every week from now until it happens the Saints’ hierarchy ought to be meeting to discuss any and every idea to get a franchise QB, whether by trade me, draft or free agency. As we are seeing, the only way to compete at a high level today is to have one of those. I do think the Saints are thinking along these lines hence the Deshaun Watson attempt despite the social outcries it would have produced. They have to find that guy before they are good again so throw all your time effort and resources toward that end even if it takes acquiring extra picks for future drafts at the expense of the present. We fans need to be patient with the product until then. We went all in for that 2nd Super Bowl and we’re robbed once and screwed up the Minny miracle so it was worth it, but now we’ve got to relax until our next guy comes along.

With this defense, we just need a healthy good quarterback. We’re not getting one in the draft and probably couldn’t get in a bidding war for a free agent next season. Probably another reclamation project next season. As long as we have Carmichael it won’t matter anyway.

Every week they're going to be discussing how to win that week. The QB thing will be re-evaluated in the offseason. I hate it but I think we're going to have a bridge QB for a couple years unless someone falls to the 2nd round of the draft or late first that we're able to trade up to. Unless a miracle happens and the Ravens allow Lamar Jackson to walk as a UFA. If that happens I think we're in. My gut tells me we may make a play for Jimmy G in a deal we can walk away from in two years.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom