Saints 2011 Yearbook: Marques Colston (vid) [BEAST!] (1 Viewer)

bornnraisedwhodat

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
Just uploaded vid from FB1stDown.

Man Colston is a beast! This guy is tough as nails and takes some of the most punishing hits I ever seen. Pay attention to down and distance, Colston is freaking CLUTCH! So glad we kept him long term!

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pvSw7prwYv4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:worthy:

How does he not make a pro bowl?...people keep talking about his lack of speed, but you see him getting behind the secondary consistently as if he did have elite speed...Quiet Storm...75 catches 1100yrds 9tds MINIMUM..thats what you can bank of from this dude year in and year out.

I'm surprised he's doesn't get injured more. He gets hung out to dry a lot. Amazing how he hangs on to the ball.

I'm surprised he's doesn't get injured more. He gets hung out to dry a lot. Amazing how he hangs on to the ball.

And how they never call him a defenseless receiver. He takes some serious whacks.

Wow, that's one of the all-time best highlight videos I've ever seen.

Colston is like a cat with the way he changes direction, sometimes doing a complete 180 degree turn in mid-air, and lands on his feet running.

"Spectacular gloves" is a great description of his ability to come down with the ball, but the way he absorbs all those tremendous hits and still makes the catch is truly mind-boggling.

He should be a Pro-Bowler, not a doubt in my mind. So clutch on the field. How many times have we seen Drew throw to Colston on a 3rd and long and Marques seems to get all of them?

:worthy: Beast is right. :0056:

Wow, that's one of the all-time best highlight videos I've ever seen.

Colston is like a cat with the way he changes direction, sometimes doing a complete 180 degree turn in mid-air, and lands on his feet running.

"Spectacular gloves" is a great description of his ability to come down with the ball, but the way he absorbs all those tremendous hits and still makes the catch is truly mind-boggling.

He should be a Pro-Bowler, not a doubt in my mind. So clutch on the field. How many times have we seen Drew throw to Colston on a 3rd and long and Marques seems to get all of them?

:worthy: Beast is right. :0056:

Exactly

All those highlight and he people forget that he came back from a broken collarbone. Impressive!

I haven't even watched it yet, but man I love me some Marques Colston. I've been waiting for this highlight reel for a long time. I believe Marques Colston had his best season as a pro, and he missed 2, basically 3, games at that. Comes back from a 6 week injury in 2 weeks.

Top 5 receiver in my book. Say what you want about stats, but all you've got to do is watch the guy play. He's so dominant. If received as many targets as most #1 receivers in this game, his numbers would just be out of control. Not only does he not get a huge amount of targets, but his snap count is significantly lower compared to other #1 wide-outs.

Best back shoulder receiver in the game. Best catch radius in the game. So quick and nimble for his size, and outstanding body control. His back shoulder touchdown against the Panthers in week 17 was one of the most amazing catches that I've ever seen.

So glad we have this guy locked up long-term. Could not fathom seeing him in another uniform.

If I haven't mentioned it before.. thanks for posting these videos. Love watchin' these Yearbook videos. Have enjoyed them all.

:gosaints:

Two of the first 3 hits are Lofton pounding him, wonder what their first conversation in training camp will be like? I can say that a lot of those defenders looked like the we're in great position to make a play, but it's a combination of Brees' ball placement and Colstons skills that make those throws impossible to defend!

That really made me miss football!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom