Poll Saints 2nd biggest rivalry. (1 Viewer)

Green-Ghost

Green-Ghost
Reaction score
We all know that the hated Falcons are our biggest rival. My question is, which team is next?

My thought is Minnesota. They knocked the Saints out of their 1st ever playoffs in 1987. They knocked us out of the playoffs a couple of years ago with the Minneapolis Miracle. They knocked us out of the playoffs last year.

I think with the re-alignment in 2002 for me the panthers really started climbing that list. Especially with "Riverboat Ron" and Cam Newton showboating their way to stealing the division three years in a row which really rubbed me the wrong way. I was so satisfied that the Saints swept them in 2017, 3-0!

Now that Teddy is with the Panthers it's really hard for me to hate them that much though.

EDIT - I'm aware that the Panthers were also in the NFC West when they came online in 1995 (makes no sense but whatever). But I don't remember really starting to hate them until the last 10 years or so.

We all know that the hated Falcons are our biggest rival. My question is, which team is next?

My thought is Minnesota. They knocked the Saints out of their 1st ever playoffs in 1987. They knocked us out of the playoffs a couple of years ago with the Minneapolis Miracle. They knocked us out of the playoffs last year.

Excellent topic!

Are we measuring from Day 1 of being a franchise? Or just for the current period? Atlanta is by far the No. 1 rivalry, across all decades since 1967. No. 2? I can make a case for three different teams -- the Vikings, the Rams and the 49ers. We've had some pretty bad blood with those teams at different points in time, starting with the playoff loss in '87. Niners were the main reason we had but one division title during the Dome Patrol years. Then the brief but hot rivalry with the St. Louis version of the Rams in '00 and '01. And then of course that play two years ago that shall not ever be forgotten.

Hmmm great comments but i would go with rams then 49ers primarily based on the fans. Last year when the whiners were doing good their fans were annoying and same goes for the rams.

It is hard to hate a team just because they are good (Vikings) or lucky (Rams) but not if they are dirty (49ers).

49ers are actually my #1 hated team. Sorry...the hatred runs deep.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom