Saints 2nd round pick best value: (1 Viewer)

GilFinnerty

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
A lot of thought is go defense, defense, defense. The 2nd round value this draft is at guard. And we need youth and upgraded talent along our interior. And when I say value I'm talking about a ten year starter in the 2nd round is good football team building all day long.

My favorite guard prospect is Johnson from Pitt. Checks all the physical boxes. Enough athletism to do what we try to do in the run game. NFL body: I don't see any glaring weaknesses that can't be coached up. Really your not picking in finding the flaws on his game.

NFL Events: Combine Player Profiles - Dorian Johnson

Also there is the western Kentucky guard who I haven't watched tape on him yet. Scouts got a lot of buzz on him too: and even a higher grade. But one or both will be there 2nd round. But Johnson got the perfect NFL body/ height/weight/length athletism. I know the western Kentucky guy don't.

Only thing I saw on watching game tape is You see a few snaps were he is a little slow getting in his pass sets. He needs a few tweaks not gonna take a lot of coaching to get him talking quality starter snaps very early in his career. Pretty much a plug and play prospect

Don't disagree with the sound logic of investing in a guard in round 2. The question mark is not being sure of what we have with Turner and Young (and C Allen). The staff may be high on them.

A lot of thought is go defense, defense, defense. The 2nd round value this draft is at guard. And we need youth and upgraded talent along our interior. And when I say value I'm talking about a ten year starter in the 2nd round is good football team building all day long.

My favorite guard prospect is Johnson from Pitt. Checks all the physical boxes. Enough athletism to do what we try to do in the run game. NFL body: I don't see any glaring weaknesses that can't be coached up. Really your not picking in finding the flaws on his game.

NFL Events: Combine Player Profiles - Dorian Johnson

Also there is the western Kentucky guard who I haven't watched tape on him yet. Scouts got a lot of buzz on him too: and even a higher grade. But one or both will be there 2nd round. But Johnson got the perfect NFL body/ height/weight/length athletism. I know the western Kentucky guy don't.

He looks like a solid prospect. But I think RD 2 is kind of high. I think the value at that point in RD 2 is still overwhelmingly on the D side of the ball. Also, RB, TE, WR and QB suddenly become high value at that point too. Plus, this years crop of FAs at the OG position are solid as hell. Leary, Lang, Zeitler, Winters, Warford, etc are all on the market. I think we address that spot in FA.

In RD 2, I hope we draft either Tarell Basham, EDGE from Ohio or Jarad Davis, LB from Florida.

Don't disagree with the sound logic of investing in a guard in round 2. The question mark is not being sure of what we have with Turner and Young (and C Allen). The staff may be high on them.

I like Turners game. He is a pigeon hole easy to see down blocker. We don't run a down blocking scheme or a lot of down blocking concepts. I'm curious in Young too he checks a lot of boxes.

I'm going to need a translation on that one, please.:scratch:

Yeah crappy wording. Meant his skill set is pigeoned hole to one specific type of scheme. He needs a pure down blocking scheme. We run zone. Also In pass sets he has to step up instead of step back which can throw off pass pro dynamics. He is a down blocker/3 step drop quick pass guard. He can fit in KC/Titans/Eagles he don't fit in here. We can use him in goalinebut that's kinda it

Offseason surgeries are going to push down the values of both Jarrad Davis and Takkarist McKinley. Both are round 1 talents at positions of dire need and at least one could be there in round 2. That's what I'd consider best value.

Also I'd rather have Taylor Moton or Dion Dawkins if we're going that high for an OG. Dorian Johnson would be a good round 3/4 pick, but idk of value-wise he's that great in 2.

Also I'd rather have Taylor Moton or Dion Dawkins if we're going that high for an OG. Dorian Johnson would be a good round 3/4 pick, but idk of value-wise he's that great in 2.

I like Motor and Dawkins better because I think either could be the long term answer at RT but could fill in at guard for a year or two if needed

Offseason surgeries are going to push down the values of both Jarrad Davis and Takkarist McKinley. Both are round 1 talents at positions of dire need and at least one could be there in round 2. That's what I'd consider best value.

I'd be in favor of trading back into Rd 2 to grab them both IF they fall.

Hope we don't draft a guard that early. Would rather sign one in FA than draft one. Preferably Zeitler.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom