Saints 3-Round Mock Draft (Without the Payton Trade, But a Different One) (1 Viewer)

DerrickB

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
This is the first mock draft that I have written on the Saints for 2023. I have them taking an edge rusher and defensive tackle to start rebuilding the defensive line. Other positions addressed are quarterback and running back. Enjoy!!

I'll be back with another mock if the Payton trade goes down.

Nice work! Thanks for sharing. I definitely don't agree with the QB pick, but the others are intriguing.

There is not an overall good class of signal-callers in 2023, just the opposite. I'm not even sold on Young. And if I'm taking a day 2 or 3 QB it's gonna be Jake Haener. And why would the Patriots do that trade ?

There is not an overall good class of signal-callers in 2023, just the opposite. I'm not even sold on Young. And if I'm taking a day 2 or 3 QB it's gonna be Jake Haener. And why would the Patriots do that trade ?
In the simulator that I used they moved up to get WR Rashee Rice out of SMU. We get an extra pick in the fourth round.

Not mad at that draft, but its not for me. We need a guard first and foremost, DE, QB, WR, TE, and S.

Replace Ward with Hooker and Abanikanda with Tyjae Spears. Then I'm sold.Not a bad mock though.

I mentioned Cam Ward a few days ago. I was checking to see if he declared for the draft. He's fun to watch. I'd be on board for drafting him no problem

Last edited:
Not mad at that draft, but its not for me. We need a guard first and foremost, DE, QB, WR, TE, and S.

Replace Ward with Hooker and Abanikanda with Tyjae Spears. Then I'm sold.Not a bad mock though.

I’m going to disagree with this. Look at the Bengals for example. Those dudes got to the SB last year with a garbage Oline. They invested heavily in their Oline this year, only to see similar results and even seeing their Oline get ravaged by injuries. These dudes keep winning bc they have a surplus of skill position players. Frankly I’m sick of continuing to chase the tail of revolving picks on the Oline, DE, and CBs. We need sexy weapons to put points on the board.

truly a piece of work know nothing effort by whomever did that mockerry

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom