Saints 49’s Divisional Game (1 Viewer)

I finally tourtred myself and watched the full game (it showed up under my youtube recommended videos).

One thing that stood out to me is that the 49ers defense was awesome, but it was their D-Line that controlled the entire game. Their D-line made our offensive line (which had 3 pro-bowlers) look below average & Brees never really looked comfortable in the pocket.

I know i'm wrong for wishing this but I would have loved to see someone get a few tough blocks on Whitner & Gholdson.

The QB run by Smith was an amazing call. It was 3 & 10 and no one saw it coming at all. What I also found interesting was that on the niners final drive, they had a timeout but was determined to score a TD instead of settling for a FG. So somehow they must have been extremely confident in their offense vs our defense (which done well for most of the game).

As previously mentioned, it was the end of our powerhouse offense days, but what's also interesting is how it was the begining of the Harbaugh era, which amazingly went into self-destruct. I personally thought that we were bad for going into self-destruct after the 2013 season but the 49ers should go into a history book for their terrible management.

Agreed - that blatantly intentional helmet leading spearing of a hit, the no-call by the refs, and the 49ers' celebration following the hit will all stick with me forever. Payton stated afterwards that it changed the plays they could call for the rest of the game.
I had forgotten about that. It was so blantant. And then Payton gets suspended shortly thereafter.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom