Saints 94% chance of making playoffs; Panthers 48%; Falcons 16% and Bucs < 1% (1 Viewer)

Pure Energy

Rethink Everything
Reaction score
according to this website. Wow!

http://www.playoffstatus.com/nfl/saintsstandings.html

NFC South Playoff Standings

<table bgcolor="#ffffff" border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="2" width="100%"><tbody><tr class="trheader" align="center" valign="top"> <td> </td> <td colspan="3">Record </td> <td colspan="4">Divisional Winners</td> <td colspan="2">Wildcard</td> <td>No Playoffs</td> </tr> <tr class="trheader" align="center" valign="top"> <td align="left">Team</td> <td>W</td> <td>L</td> <td>T</td> <td>1</td> <td>2</td> <td>3</td> <td>4</td> <td>5</td> <td>6</td> <td>7</td> </tr> <tr align="center" valign="top"> <td align="left">Saints</td> <td>7</td> <td>4</td> <td>0</td> <td>< 1%</td> <td>33%</td> <td>30%</td> <td>16%</td> <td>8%</td> <td>7%</td> <td>6%</td> </tr> <tr align="center" valign="top"> <td align="left">Panthers</td> <td>6</td> <td>5</td> <td>0</td> <td>< 1%</td> <td>3%</td> <td>6%</td> <td>10%</td> <td>13%</td> <td>15%</td> <td>52%</td> </tr> <tr align="center" valign="top"> <td align="left">Falcons</td> <td>5</td> <td>6</td> <td>0</td> <td>< 1%</td> <td>< 1%</td> <td>< 1%</td> <td>1%</td> <td>5%</td> <td>9%</td> <td>84%</td> </tr> <tr align="center" valign="top"> <td align="left">Buccaneers</td> <td>3</td> <td>8</td> <td>0</td> <td>X</td> <td>X</td> <td>< 1%</td> <td>< 1%</td> <td>< 1%</td> <td>< 1%</td> <td>> 99%</td></tr></tbody></table>

Well if you figure 2 wins at home (vs losing teams, Washington and San Fran), and 2 losses away (Dallas and NY), then if we beat the Panthers at home we win the division, regardless of what else the Panthers did in their games.

While I believe we saw the Saints team today that went 6-2 in its first eight games, I have to remind myself that the same Saints team that went 1-3 in its last 4 games before today, is still capable of reappearing before this season ends.

I am not a pessimist, nor an eternal optimist. At this point, I choose to be a realist for the remainder of the season. We're good enough to win all the rest of our games, IF we play sound, turnover free ball. We have yet to prove that we've turned that corner.

I won't allow myself to get into the mind trap like I did with Baltimore, Pittsburgh and Cincinatti. It's great to see that we have a 94% chance of getting to the playoffs... Let's just do it, one-game-at-a-time, starting next week with Frisco.

I have seen that website and have no idea how they do their math. There are way too mnay scenarios where the saints dont make the playoffs to make it a 94% probability.

I agree thats its probable we get in with our record, but just one loss for us next week and a panthers win would change those odds dramatically.

We certainly do control our destiny. And I think the final game with the panthers will be huge as even if they come in a game behind us all they need is a win to win the division.

Its going to be interesting.

I wonder if these "statistics" have any connection to that twit who does the DVOA rankings.

I won't be sure and satisfied until we really make the playoffs.. All this talk is nothing to me and I still remember the 2002 season when we needed to win only one game out of three all against teams with losing records.. It's getting more excited

I have seen that website and have no idea how they do their math. There are way too mnay scenarios where the saints dont make the playoffs to make it a 94% probability.

Yeah, I'd like to know how those probabilities are calculated as well. Not sure how we can be a 4-1 favorite over Carolina to win the division when we only have a 1 game lead and with Carolina holding the tie-breaker advantage if they beat us again...

Just a guess...but I don't think that site takes into account future opponents...maybe? I think they just get their math from past seasons data and which teams went on to make the playoffs, etc. I could be wrong, I don't have time to research the site.

The Saints always have more than 10% chance of missing the playoffs. It has happened in the past. This team is more resilient, but only the Redskins game looks "easy"

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom