Saints a statistical anomaly? (1 Viewer)

Loses a game where the QB passes for 423 yards, 4tds, 0int.

Loses a game where they win the turnover battle 3-0 and don't allow an offensive TD.

What is next?

Remember the lateral for TD, miss the extra point loss? Classic Saints. Or the hail mary for the new Browns first win. We could write a small book on ways to lose. This one stings, but there are much worse in the books.

My condolences on the loss yesterday as well. 0-2 for the Black n Gold this weekend thanks to special team fails.

Payton's hands are all over this L. It's not even surprising anymore. Mike smith level regression on play calling and game mgmt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Except he isn't calling the plays....

Remember the lateral for TD, miss the extra point loss? Classic Saints. Or the hail mary for the new Browns first win. We could write a small book on ways to lose. This one stings, but there are much worse in the books.

My condolences on the loss yesterday as well. 0-2 for the Black n Gold this weekend thanks to special team fails.

The River City Relay, then a PAT miss by one of the most reliable short yardage kickers in NFL history. That was truly something else. We have this way of losing to Del Rio's teams in heart-breaking fashion.

I guess at some point you have to laugh. At least we're not the Browns. :idunno:

Not only did we win the turnover battle 3-0 and still lose, but we were -7 points off of those turnovers! Not scoring anything off 3 consecutive take-aways is bad enough, but to actually net NEGATIVE 7 points is ridiculously PATHETIC! I hate to be that "doom and gloom" guy, but if that isn't a sign we need to clean house then there will never be one.

Tough weekend. Mullens continues to look bad in Dawson's offense.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Except he isn't calling the plays....

You really think our offensive minded head coach isn't calling plays during crunch time? Even if we entertain that idea he should still see what personnel is going out. Cadet and Coleman. Worst receivers on our team.

We were unprepared on offense for what the defense was doing.

Flat out outcoached. We lost this game during the week.

Giants blitzed the CBs and DBs and made us dump off to players like ingram, cadet, fleener none of whom they feared rightfully so.

They limited Cooks over the top and kept Snead in check.

This offense still needs a vertical seam buster. Thought Fleener was that guy but not yet.

I really hope we find one in free agency next year and not waste another draft pick on a WR.

That is pretty insane when you state it that way. I'm almost sure we've never lost a game up +3 in the turnover margin with Payton here.

I suppose that blocked field goal should count as a turnover, but still. There's a lot of blame to go around today. Truthfully we were hanging on by a thread that entire game.

We're like 34-3 now when we don't turn the ball over. We were 18-3 when we got 3 takeaways. Now that's 18-4.

Honestly, I thought the secondary got flat our dominated today, we did a good job limiting the big plays but when Eli completes 80% of his passes and doesn't throw an interception then it wasn't pretty.

We forced 3 turnovers today, something that is extremely uncharacteristic, if not for those turnovers we lost today in a blow out.

Let's be clear though, the offense lost the game and poor Brees. The shoot out that was supposed to happened didn't because of a couple fluke turnovers and a bunch of dropped balls. It wasn't because of good defensive play from either team.

Sadly, QBs completing a high percentage of passes is going to probably be the norm at least for the next few weeks. I mean outlets UDFAs have been doing as well as they possibly can, but they are still needing coaching and development. All we can ask is offense gets on track and the DBs tackle well to minimize gains

Sadly, QBs completing a high percentage of passes is going to probably be the norm at least for the next few weeks. I mean outlets UDFAs have been doing as well as they possibly can, but they are still needing coaching and development. All we can ask is offense gets on track and the DBs tackle well to minimize gains

Except Manning was averaging 9 yards per attempt.

9 yards per attempt is the single season record held by Otto Graham set in the 1940's. The only reason the Giants didn't hang 30+ on us is because they can't run the ball and turned the ball over 3 times.

You really think our offensive minded head coach isn't calling plays during crunch time? Even if we entertain that idea he should still see what personnel is going out. Cadet and Coleman. Worst receivers on our team.

I'm of the mindset that that is the key to turning the season around. Carmichael seems to be great calling the first half but the opposing defense is making adjustments at half and Carmichael isn't. That is the one big issue I have. He is not nearly as aggressive as Payton. He flips to Carl Smith in the second half.

when you call a timeout...come back..lineup...nobody knows where to be...take a delay of game penalty? Completely inexcusable! May be time to move on from Payton/Loomis.

Well, let's keep it in perspective; no team won the Super Bowl after losing their last three games.

Let's hope it all balances out (as football tends to do) and we end up winning two games we statistically have no business winning.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom