Saints A Thanksgiving Night Staple? (1 Viewer)

WallyBB

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Three of the last 4 seasons we have been the Primetime Thanksgiving game. This year it isn't even a rivalry game.

Are we being groomed as a potential third permanent staple team for the Thanksgiving slot? Or is this just a scheduling coincidence?

Offense is popular. When you been doing it for over a 16 years. You quickly build a national audience that loves watching fireworks.
Yeah the Saints v Bills in the Dome should be a fun game. Although I would love a repeat of that game in Buffalo a few years back where we were so dominant running the ball, so much so there was a really long TD drive where we didn't throw the ball once. It was awesome.

Three of the last 4 seasons we have been the Primetime Thanksgiving game. This year it isn't even a rivalry game.

Are we being groomed as a potential third permanent staple team for the Thanksgiving slot? Or is this just a scheduling coincidence?
Maybe.

We weren't on it last year but we were schedule Christmas Day and we didn't disappoint with Kamara's 6 TDs.

I'm most likely being a homer but we are fun to watch and you can tell guys love playing for each other.

I doubt we become a staple. We're just a popular team currently that draws in a big audience. I'm shocked we have 5 primetime games total this year but the networks aren't dumb, our fanbase gives them amazing ratings.

I think part of why we are getting a Thanksgiving game this year is because NBC will have Drew Brees call the game with Tirico.

Good grief, why not? Everyone knows the alleged "turkey coma" is actually just families sitting around sleeping through the second half of whatever team is slapping around the Lions, and then 3 more hours of the NFL fashion police trying to figure out what's wrong with the Cowboys is hardly waking anyone up. As long as Sean Payton is in charge, they know they'll have some late night excitement to pick the ratings back up

I think it’s mainly because they’re trying to put teams on Thanksgiving that haven’t been on there in forever. To my knowledge, the Saints never made a Thanksgiving game before Brees/Payton.
And the Saints have been relevant for so long now, they have a national brand now.

All I know on Turkey day, that Saints D-line gonna have to eat and them corners better hold it down cause you got Diggs on one side and my goodness if E Sanders come and try to light Saints up just cause they let him go......its gonna be a long night

It certainly would seem that way, mainly considering NOLA gives the league the highest ratings nationally on a yearly basis.

A Thanksgiving Saints game is a natural.

Per Wikipedia: Credit for the creation of the turducken is uncertain, though it is generally agreed to have been popularized by Cajun chef Paul Prudhomme. Later, the turducken was popularized in America by John Madden, who evangelized about the unusual dish during NFL Thanksgiving Day games and, later, Monday Night Football broadcasts. On one occasion, the commentator sawed through a turducken with his bare hand, live in the booth, to demonstrate the turducken's contents.

I’d prefer a road game on Thanksgiving but I will pull my stuffed arse off the couch and make the 2.5 hour drive

I think it’s mainly because they’re trying to put teams on Thanksgiving that haven’t been on there in forever. To my knowledge, the Saints never made a Thanksgiving game before Brees/Payton.
And the Saints have been relevant for so long now, they have a national brand now.
Yup. The Saints first Turkey Day appearance was a win at Dallas in 2010

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom