Saints absolutely need to start fast Monday Night vs Falcons (1 Viewer)

BCK30

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Remember the good ole days when the Saints would get the ball first and march right down the field for a Touchdown and before you knew it the opponent was down 7-0. Coaches who usually would defer the opening coin toss would change their philosophy unless they had that much faith in their defense. Unfortunately, things seem to be different the last few years. The offense seems to start off very slow and are very sluggish. That's been the case the first two games this season and come to think about it's been that way most of last season. Even in that shootout game against the Giants last year the Saints did not score on their first drive. Now I know conventional wisdom is that "Maybe their just feeling their opponent out" I say garbage because that sure doesn't seem to be the case when the other team gets the ball first. The last time I remember the Saints starting off fast was in the latter part of 2014 ironicly against the Falcons when Jalen Saunders returned the opening kickoff to the 1 yard line and Ingram punched it in...This Monday Night I really hope the Saints feed off the energy from the crowd to start the game and jump on the Falcons right from the opening kickoff and ride it all the way for a victory.

How about this for a change up, establish the running, screen , dump off pass etc and do some 5-6 minute drives. Several on them not just one. I don't care what anyone thinks of Patty ice, he can get it done, keep the falclowns off the field.

I say we go with some stupid, wild defense and just say **** it.

3-3-5 defense

Cam Jordan LE, Tyler Davidson NT, Nick Fairly RE

LOLB- Roberson MLB- Anthony ROLB- Edabali (move him around like a 3-4 OLB)

LCB- That guy we just signed RCB- That other guy we just signed

Wild Card- Vaccaro

SS- Bell
FS- Byrd

Out of that do a lot of run blitzing on first down, a lot of zone blitzing on second and do all kinds of crazy **** on 3rd (if we get there).

Then the first defensive snap of each quarter send in our backup long snapper to cover Julio Jones in press Man. Just before the snap have him kick Julio in the nuts.

a fast start is good but finishing down the stretch in the second half is also key. This team doesn't to loss anymore close games.

I like it when we score more points than the other team

It's a pick 6 waiting to happen this game. So much quick passing game success on us coupled with Matty coming to town who loves that style. It's going to be wide open for one of those.

Remember the good ole days when the Saints would get the ball first and march right down the field for a Touchdown and before you knew it the opponent was down 7-0......

Man. I've had six kids since those days. I don't remember ****.

Hey wait a minute. I'm not bplauche. I'm MSUsousaphone. What is taptalk doing to me?!

All I know is let Byrd get near Julio for the yearly fumble.

I think the game plan against the Giants was solid. Keep them in front of us and tackle well.

Always have been a close game but Brees will light it up Monday night. Fleener finally have a big time game.

I think we need to throw deep more often. If the Giants would of thrown deep I think they could of scored just about every time or gotten a penalty. Drew used to throw deep at least every set of downs and now its down to once a half....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom