Saints add LS Jesse Schmitt (2 Viewers)

mrwhodat

Saintiac
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I'm told the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Saints?src=hash">#Saints</a> have actually signed LS Jesse Schmitt to a 2-year contract, per source.</p>— John Hendrix (@JohnJHendrix) <a href="https://twitter.com/JohnJHendrix/status/824393947392917506">January 25, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Source: New Orleans Saints add long snapper Jesse Schmitt

According to a source, the New Orleans Saints are signing long snapper Jesse Schmitt to a 2-year contract. News of a visit was spotted on the NFL’s Transaction Wire for Wednesday, but I’m told a deal was reached with the team not long after Schmitt performed well at the Husted Pro Camp in front of team scouts over the weekend.

If they decide to let Drescher go, then it is. But then, why would they let Drescher go? Can anyone recall a bad snap from him?

Maybe they didn't like his punt coverage? Not sure, but competition never hurt anyone.

Hate to say it but I recall somebody hurdling over him untouched on an extra point conversion. I'm pretty sure that Drescher is a FA so this can't hurt in the slightest.

Don't forget that Payton has stated that he would like a LS that did more than just snap a ball so my question is can this guy play any other position?

If they decide to let Drescher go, then it is. But then, why would they let Drescher go? Can anyone recall a bad snap from him?
Drescher's contract is expiring. Either they're going another direction, or they're gaining a little leverage in contract negotiations; even at a minimum contract, Drescher will cost more.
Don't forget that Payton has stated that he would like a LS that did more than just snap a ball so my question is can this guy play any other position?
No. He was strictly a snapper at Purdue (my alma mater).

Hate to say it but I recall somebody hurdling over him untouched on an extra point conversion. I'm pretty sure that Drescher is a FA so this can't hurt in the slightest.

Was that the Denver game when he was shoved to the turf face first by a defender who grabbed him by the back of his helmet allowing another player a free shot to jump over him?..........:scratch:

You realize he was held down by one of Denver's defensive lineman? He really didn't have a chance when he came up after the snap.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom