Saints Saints added third-year WR Krishawn Hogan to their practice squad. (1 Viewer)

“Not a lot of teams use big slots,” Hogan said. “But every time a team goes to nickel and they put a cornerback in there, it’s a mismatch; or if a ‘backer tries to come out there then it’s a mismatch for speed. So no matter who’s guarding me in the slot — that’s primarily where I’ve been playing — I just try to use that advantage the best I can and get the win.”

Another big WR added to the mix. Whether it's the twilight of Brees' career and whoever is his successor, SP is creating a team with big WRs to exploit mismatches and to take advantage or the PI. BB did make a comment about there not being DB that can cover these monster WRs coming out now.

I like this signing and if we have any room or can make room Jazz Ferguson was just released off of Seattle's practice squad. Maybe while we are out in Seattle we can sign him and bring him back to Louisiana.

Where's Grayson? Was hoping we'd inject some true speed to our WR corps. Teddy Ginn is getting long in the toof.
Looks like he's a street free agent right now. I guess they think that as long as Ginn is healthy there's no need to even keep him on the PS (can't carry three WRs on the PS - gotta develop other positions too) and this 3rd year vet we just put on the PS has more versatility than Grayson's straight line speed. If Ginn ever gets hurt, I could see them calling Grayson unless another team picks him up. That would be unlikely though, unless another team ends up losing multiple receivers like we did at once.

ETA: In camp, they said Ginn is as fast as he was last year. No drop off.

I'm surprised Simmie Cobbs isn't at least on a practice squad somewhere right now.

Came here to say the same thing. Thought Cobbs did well in camp. Also has a lot of time in our system.
Guess it comes down to things we fans don't get to see.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom