Saints Saints agree to contract with Malcom Jenkins 4 years/$32M(up to $35M)/$16.25M Guaranteed (1 Viewer)

No brainer move. I said yesterday in the other thread that this should be our #1 priority. This is not the same Malcolm Jenkins we let go of years ago. He's become a much better player and a much better leader overall.

Huge get. This completely changes the back-end of our defense.

He could help with the development of guys like CJGJ, Williams, Latt and should Apple and Bell re-sign. We can't discount the value of good veteran leadership.

Hopefully not at the price he was getting in Philly. He's dropped off the past two years from what I've read. Glad to have him back though. Hated that we let him go in the first place.

Duuude, I was open to this if bell signs elsewhere but if they chose jenkins over bell...

Jenkins was playing like Saints Jenkins last year. So we may not be getting the probowl Jenkins that the Eagles had when he first arrived. Loving this signing for leadership tho. He brings intensity and professionalism to the secondary.

If Bell leaves for Jenkins:
I’d assume the coaches will have him and PJ as the box safeties since PJ actually played that position well.
We’ll have CGJ and Peterson at slot, Latt and Jenkins on the outside.

Secondary got a little older but I really think we needed a vet back there, he could do wonders for Marcus Williams too.

I hope we keep Bell, but I love this move either way.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom