Saints agree to terms with David Patten (1 Viewer)

Copper... he was also re-signed.

Opps I forgot about him......yeah I like Copper but it still really scares me to think if we had to go any length of time without Colston.We really have a lot riding on Meachem becoming a big time contributor.Now it all makes sense why we were going after Shockey.Hopefully,Sean will have some other ways to get more balls in Reggie's hands this year and a balanced running attack,because our recievers aren't scaring anyone.

Great signing! Patten consistently produced throughout the yr and deserved to be resigned

Same 7-9 team, one year older, alot more expensive, different day.

Vilma, if healthy, is an upgrade, but he'll be playing behind a couple of backup quality DT's, which will make his contribution less.

Gay and McCray are not difference makers. They're extremely well paid backups.

I think this is a good signing. Patten was a solid player and provides good veteran leadership.

makes me happy. hes still has a lot to contribute. go saints. draft rivers

Awesome, Patten deserved it. Hopefully he can finish out his career as a Saint.

X2!!!!

The Saints needed a vet and got a gem with Patten.. definetly the consumate proffesional. Glad he's still in the B-n-G!

NWSaint.

I think this was a great move because of his:

1. 792 yards receiving last season
2. Leadership
3. Playoff experience

Vilma, if healthy, is an upgrade, but he'll be playing behind a couple of backup quality DT's, which will make his contribution less.

Man, can you be any more pessimistic? Some people are just never happy. Some things to keep in mind:
1) We still have quite a few people to resign (Smith, Colston, Vilma, Evans, etc)
2) If you constantly overpay for FAs you'll be in cap hell quickly, then we'll start having to part with some of our favorite players (like Smith and Colston)
3) You can't force every free agent to sign here either. It's their choice and the perception of N.O. isn't the greatest.
4) You don't build a great team mostly through free agency, you build it through the draft.

That said I think our F.O. has done a damn good job so far.

fyi cruize, you should be tickled that they resigned the offense guys, you been one of the biggest pounders of the only defense upgrades... if we didnt' resign guys on offense we coudlnt' field a complete team.

I agree with bringing Patten back. Clearly the team liked his contributions on and off the field and in the lockerroom. Stecker comes into play on this as well. I like all the guys we've re-signed so far though I am still mad at Devery for not delivering on his potential.

TPS

Is the offseason over? Week one already? Sweet!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom