Saints agree to terms with David Patten (1 Viewer)

Andrus

Owner/Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
For Immediate Release: March 3, 2008

The New Orleans Saints announced today that they have agreed to terms on a two-year contract with unrestricted free agent wide receiver David Patten. The announcement was made by Saints’ Executive Vice President/General Manager Mickey Loomis.

Patten spent the 2006 season with the Saints after signing as an unrestricted free agent. The 5-10, 190-pound veteran of 11 NFL seasons caught 54 passes for 792 yards for a 14.7 receiving average last season, along with three touchdowns. Patten’s 54 receptions were the third-most on the team while his 792 receiving yards were the second highest on the squad, and he registered three-100 yard receiving games. His top game in 2007 came on a Monday Night Football affair on December 10 at Atlanta when he recorded nine receptions for 122 yards and a score.

“David stepped into our lineup immediately last season and provided immediate leadership and he was a consistent and dependable target,” said Loomis. “He is a consummate professional and his work ethic and leadership skills, coupled with the things he can do on the field made his re-signing a priority for us.”

http://saintsreport.com/modules.php?name=News&file=showarticle&threadid=63439

Good news.

I still think its a very strong possibility we draft a WR/KR/PR in the mid-rounds, but I like the fact that we have some continuity on Offense.

Welcome back David
Here's to a year as productive as last:9:

2nd favorite offseason move so far behind getting Vilma.

Like it. And I hope Trent Green is physically fit to play and we upgrade our backup qb position.

Excellent, we're quickly closing in on being ready for the draft.

Nice...I was wanting to see us sign David. Let's just keep it going.

Great move.. was the only WR that actually produced last year besides Colston. I love our moves so far...not just with the FA signings, but we are keeping the guys we should keep as well.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom