Saints All Disappointment Team (1 Viewer)

Sorry, but you asked the question. Number one all time disappointing pick at the position of QB from Drew Mississippi Archie Manning. With a college record of 22-10-1 & a career completion percentage of 52.8% with 31 TDs & 40 Ints. We should have known better. But the excuses about not ever having a great team were already preassigned & continued throughout his whole lousy rotten losing career.

He is the only starting QB in NFL history with 100 or more starts to never have a winning season. The highlight of his storied career was having one team go 8-8 & finish above 3rd in the division one single time. For those still living on the opium of yesterday's failures, I submit the following video which was THE STRAW that finally broke the camel's back for me. And I ask anyone to watch that video & look at that man's face & tell me he was ever a winner in his heart. Very disappointing.

My all time Saints draft bust team. I just picked guys drafted from the 1980s to today. And I just used players taken in the first 3 rounds cause after that you not really considered a bust IMO.

QB: Garrett Grayson
RB: Vaughn Dunbar
WR: Lindsay Scott
TE: Cam Cleeland
OT: Charles Brown
OG: Andy Alleman
Tenant was a 5th rounder, so I couldn’t find a center bust.

DE: Jared Tomich & Shawn Knight
DT: Jonathan Sullivan
LB: Stephone Anthony, Martez Wilson, Alfred Fincher, Courtney Watson, Alvin Toles
CB: Alex Molden, Stanley Jean-Baptiste, Johnny Patrick
S: Rob Kelly

I could of listed more players for sure, but went with some of the worst guys.

First Person that came to my mind when reading this post was Ricky Williams (traded a whole draft and he was more interested in smoking weed than playing football)

Charles Rogers at DT and Tebuckey Jones were huge fails. Derek Brown at rb, Wayne Gandy at guard, Cam Cleeland at TE to name a few others.

Eric Allen- he was like a top 3 cb with the eagles behind Deion and rod woodson

Mario Bates- I remember thinking that he was going to be great

First Person that came to my mind when reading this post was Ricky Williams (traded a whole draft and he was more interested in smoking weed than playing football)
We certainly overpaid for him, but I don't know that you could call him a bust. In his 3 years here he averaged about 1000 yds/season (800+, 1000+, 1200+). He gained over 1800 yds in his next year with Miami.

He had problems and issues, but he performed.

Cam Cleeland was just like the worst luck ever. Dude looked legit,seriously,Ruptured Achilles in preseason. Comes back the next year and ruptures the other Achilles.

Far too much expectations put on 3rd and 4th rounders such as Fincher, Martez, and Chip. Another guy who got a lot of grief was Chase Lyman.

When I first got on SR I/We had a lot of expectations for drafts to fix everything. Overhyped players included Cie Grant and Bubblebut Williams.

1) QB- Archie Manning Mississippi 8) LB Mark Fields WSU
2) DE - Joe Campell Maryland 9) CB Alex Molden Oregon
3) WR- Larry Burton Purdue 10) G Chris Naeole Colorado
4) K - Russell Erxleben Texas 11) DT Johnsthon Sullivan Georgia
5) WR - Lindsay Scott Georgia 12) LB Stephone Anothy Clemson
6) DE - Shawn Knight BYU
7) RB - Vaughn Dunbar Indiana

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom