Saints' Allen praises Dalton, but won't rule out Winston (1 Viewer)

• Admin
1664855183073.png
New Orleans Saints head coach Dennis Allen reacts on the sidelines during an NFL match between Minnesota Vikings and New Orleans Saints at the Tottenham Hotspur stadium in London, Sunday, Oct. 2, 2022.Kirsty Wigglesworth/AP

BRETT MARTEL, AP Sports Writer

NEW ORLEANS (AP) — First-year New Orleans Saints coach Dennis Allen isn't ready to commit to starting Jameis Winston or Andy Dalton at quarterback for his increasingly desperate team's next game.

“The first thing we need to do is find out where Jameis is health-wise before we make any decisions,” Allen said Monday, after the Saints (1-3) returned from England on a three-game skid. “I don’t have complete information on that as we sit here today.”

Dalton, a former Cincinnati starter who is now in his 12th season, received a spot start in Sunday's 28-25 loss to Minnesota in London after Winston was held out because of a back injury that he'd played through for the previous two weeks.

Dalton did well enough to earn measured praise from his coach.

“Overall I thought he operated the offense efficiently, particularly the way we played in the second half,” Allen said. “I thought he was pretty good once we were able to kind of get the run and the play-action going.” ...

Full Story - NewsTimes/AP

Andrus Whitewing

Andrus Whitewing

Admin

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom