Saints Alumni Media Call: LeCharles Bentley talks his O-Line Academy, Teammates, and MRSA (1 Viewer)

Really sucks that he left - I can't remember if he was just a cap casualty in 2006 or was there another issue like Payton didn't like him.

Can you imagine how crazy that O-line would have been with Evans, Bentley and Nicks. I guess one would have had to play center of shift over to tackle. We might have won another Superbowl in 2011.

Really sucks that he left - I can't remember if he was just a cap casualty in 2006 or was there another issue like Payton didn't like him.

Can you imagine how crazy that O-line would have been with Evans, Bentley and Nicks. I guess one would have had to play center of shift over to tackle. We might have won another Superbowl in 2011.

I think he just always wanted to play for Cleveland, which is where he was from. Unfortunately for him he ended up suffering what would be a career ending injury on the first snap of training camp in his first season there.

But since he went there, their center Jeff Faine was available in a trade during the draft. So it worked out for the Saints anyway.

Loved me some LeCharles! I remember his rookie year, Warren Sapp tried to get into it with him post-whistle, and LeCharles slapped the helmet off his head. Always hated Sapp, so I became an even bigger LeCharles fan that day.

I think he just always wanted to play for Cleveland, which is where he was from. Unfortunately for him he ended up suffering what would be a career ending injury on the first snap of training camp in his first season there.

But since he went there, their center Jeff Faine was available in a trade during the draft. So it worked out for the Saints anyway.

Could be the case, according to Wikipedia he apparently he had a "verbal agreement" with Philly, although he could have been using them to leverage an offer from Cleveland.

Also it appears leaving the Saints didn't seem to have much to do with Payton, more disliking the entire organization. And since he was an FA, it was easy to bolt.

I seem to remember him wanting to play center and we valued him as a better guard.

He was considered the best C in the country at Ohio St. He really wanted to play C, so yes, him with Nicks and Evans would have been insane....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom