Saints' Alvin Kamara named Sports Illustrated’s Breakout of the Year (1 Viewer)

I'm not understanding this award.

First off, strange title for an award. Breakout? How about breakout player?

Secondly he broke out as a rookie and established himself as arguably the best multi purpose back in the NFL.

Certainly there are much better candidates.

Secondly he broke out as a rookie and established himself as arguably the best multi purpose back in the NFL.

Pretty sure that they consider a rookie season as just that...a rookie season.
And a breakout season as 2nd year or more.
Kamara hasn't had much drop off from his rookie season. Pretty much showed true grit when Ingram was suspended.

AK's rushing ypc dropped from 6.1 to 4.6, but he is currently only 14 yards away from equalling his total rushing yards from last season. He's about 271 yards short of his receiving yardage from last year.
He is currently on pace to surpass last season's yards from scrimmage total.

Correction: Kamara has already surpassed his rushing yardage total from last season.
By 14 yards. And we have 4 games left in the season.

Last edited:
Pretty sure that they consider a rookie season as just that...a rookie season.
And a breakout season as 2nd year or more.
Kamara hasn't had much drop off from his rookie season. Pretty much showed true grit when Ingram was suspended.
Christian Yelich would be a much better pick for this award. A pretty good player up until this season and he went crazy and won the MVP in the national league.

I would personally select Blake Snell, the AL Cy Young winner.

Christian Yelich would be a much better pick for this award. A pretty good player up until this season and he went crazy and won the MVP in the national league.

I would personally select Blake Snell, the AL Cy Young winner.
I'm going have to take your word for it, because I haven't watched a regular season MLB game in years.

People always talk about the lack of respect or recognition Saints players get, but when they do get it, they say it should have gone to someone else?

Huh?

I guess they failed to get on the Kamara train last year, and had to catch up.

I thought for sure the title was a typo. "breakout of the year"? A word is surely missing there. But no, that's what it's called after all. Not "breakout player," not "breakout season," just breakout, like acne.

I thought for sure the title was a typo. "breakout of the year"? A word is surely missing there. But no, that's what it's called after all. Not "breakout player," not "breakout season," just breakout, like acne.
Or Alcatraz

People always talk about the lack of respect or recognition Saints players get, but when they do get it, they say it should have gone to someone else?

Huh?
But when it's blatantly misplaced you call it out, unless you are void of scruples.

Maybe we'll see Kamara doing proactiv commercials, who knows.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom