Saints among 6 teams who’ve connected with Jordan Love (1 Viewer)

If our ability to win-now is compromised by whatever rookie we draft in the 1st round, then we were never going anywhere to begin with.
The margins are so narrow in this league, the difference between Being a 1 seed and making the Super Bowl, or dropping to a 3 seed and being sent home wildcard round is literally a 4th & 2, a 4th & 1 conversion and some injury luck. (Kittle conversion, and Greenlaw stopping Hollister right before the goal line)

The Saints have been among the best teams recently in getting quality Rookie starters that can contribute immediately in the Draft see Erik McCoy, Chauncey Gardner Johnson, entire 2017 draft class..

Now picture a scenario in 2020 where Alex Anzalone re-injuries his shoulder ... and you can slide in 1st rounder Patrick Queen, or Kenneth Murray and possibly still not miss a beat and possibly even upgrade the position...

or a scenario where Lattimore's hamstring issues flare up again during the season and he has to miss 3-4 weeks... now imagine being able to slide in Kristian Fulton, Jeff Gladney, or Jaylon Johnson in that spot.. rather than playing Patrick Robinson on the outside..

you can do neither if you take Jordan Love in the 1st round, Jordan Love won't help the team win a Super Bowl in 2020.. (it's a different story if we're talking about Tua falling he's essentially a younger version of Brees, but this is a raw developmental prospect from the Mountain West with turnover problems in college)

My point in summation is basically there's a "Jordan Love type prospect" in every Draft, big, mobile QB with a talented arm who had questionable decision making plays and turnovers.. there will be another guy just like him in 2021.. I think you have a much better chance at just stacking the entire roster full of quality depth with the potential for immediate impact, rather than take a very boom or bust guy who needs to sit and develop and won't help you achieve your goal for 2020. (IMO there are only 2 QB prospects in this Draft you cannot pass up and the Saints won't be in position to take either one)

Last edited:
Oh definitely, and who's to say he can't be coached up quickly.

To sum up my opinion. When I look at a QB like Burrow I see someone that's not afraid to throw into tight coverage.
When I see what I'm seeing with Love, I see a QB that throws it up and prays to god someone comes down with it. A lot of back foot throw it up and hope your WR goes and gets it.

At the end of the day, too many variables to say one way or the other though. He's a good prospect, but we are a team that is looking for Drew's replacement.

If they think Taysom is that guy and need a young QB to develop then that's great, but I wouldn't waste my 1st rounder on him, not with all that WR and LB talent.
Burrow has the beating heart of Farve. LOL

This is all a hoax to get teams to either draft him before the Saints or trade with the Saints to draft him. There’s no way this guy fits the “win now” mentality of this franchise

This is all a hoax to get teams to either draft him before the Saints or trade with the Saints to draft him. There’s no way this guy fits the “win now” mentality of this franchise
I don't think anyone is going to argue with you there, but if he's the BPA at that pick you take him. Seemed to work for Green Bay a while back.

Imagine if the saints get him and hes the next russel wilson!

If the Saints want Love, I believe we'll have
to make a trade with the Jets at pick #11.
That's moving up 13 spots.
Personally I like Anthony Gordon in the 4th or 5th round.
BUT... If coach P loves Jordan, it's gonna happen .
The staff does an excellent job scouting and they know what they need. LB, OG, CB, QB, WR

Imagine if the saints get him and hes the next russel wilson!

History hasn't been kind to these type of prospects. Better chance he turns out like Paxton Lynch than Russell Wilson.

Why are you guys debating this when we are going to draft Joe Burrow - lol. Hey-can I have another hit of that......

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom