Saints among 6 teams who’ve connected with Jordan Love (1 Viewer)

To sum up my opinion. When I look at a QB like Burrow I see someone that's not afraid to throw into tight coverage.
When I see what I'm seeing with Love, I see a QB that throws it up and prays to god someone comes down with it. A lot of back foot throw it up and hope your WR goes and gets it.

Remember, Jordan Love is the same age right now that Joe Burrow was when he transferred to LSU with his 260 career passing yards and 1 TD pass.

If the Saints draft Jordan Love in the 1st round, I will be very disappointed. Not only am I not a huge fan of him as a prospect, but that pick would mean all of the talk of Taysom Hill getting a legit shot to lead the Saints was a blatant lie.
Not really. Drew's gonna be here possibly 2 more years, so you can draft a guy and let the backups fight it out. No matter what you think of Hill, if a highly rated QB falls to you when the current QBs are 41 and 30 you take him.

Jordan Love Isnt the most polished QB, but he def has the the most upside of this class. So far missed out on Mahomes, then Lamar. I would love to see us make a Chiefs-esque jump to lock draft Love. Jordan Love was an absolute Top 5 talent in 18. I think he’d be the perfect kind of QB for Payton to develop for the future.

Jordan Love Isnt the most polished QB, but he def has the the most upside of this class. So far missed out on Mahomes, then Lamar. I would love to see us make a Chiefs-esque jump to lock draft Love. Jordan Love was an absolute Top 5 talent in 18. I think he’d be the perfect kind of QB for Payton to develop for the future.

Great point about 18.

If you switched his 18 and 19 seasons, teams would be fighting to jump into the top 3-5 to draft him. Instead, he lost his head coach, OC and 8 offensive starters including his top pass-catchers and, shockingly, his numbers fell.

I’d be really excited about getting him.

They are going to scout every 1st round caliber prospect.

Dont read to much into this
I'm not, but if we pick him. I have all the faith in the best scouting department in the NFL. Even if I found Jordan really overrated as a prospect. Scout calling him a poor man Mahomes in measurable is such an empty reach.

If he’s BPA then what’s the problem? The kid has 1st round talent with some elite traits to go with it

It seems as tho some ppl think that Hill should be spoonfed a starting role without any legit competition. Love isn’t a finished product by any means but @ his current stage he’s still well beyond more advanced as an all-around QB than Hill was n he’d more than likely beat Hill out in camp. Especially with a full season of learning the playbook

Not sold on Love. I need to see a lot more, which is impossible until he gets to the NFL. Oops, too late then.

If the Saints draft Jordan Love in the 1st round, I will be very disappointed. Not only am I not a huge fan of him as a prospect, but that pick would mean all of the talk of Taysom Hill getting a legit shot to lead the Saints was a blatant lie.
And I am on the other side of the fence, I'd love to see us draft him and keep Hill as a Jack off all trades.

I think Love is tailor-made for a Sean Payton offense.

QB is a need no matter how much in love people are with the idea of Taysom Hill taking over after Brees retires and it would be in the best interest of the franchise to come out of this draft with a talented QB whether that be in the first round or later rounds.

I guess I could live with Jordan love but it would have to be in 2nd round though.

There are other Quarterbacks I would prefer in this draft that could probably be had in the 3rd/4th round or later even. (Anthony Gordon, Tyler Huntley, Josh Love San Diego State) If they Draft Jordan Love that means they are taking him purely off physical traits, and the dreaded "Potential" word...

I just absolutely do not want to take a QB with a 1st round pick this year... not when they are going All In with Drew on a 2 year deal; Go and get the 'Most Ready to Play right now' Impact Linebacker, Cornerback, or Receiver.

I would much rather prefer the scenarios of trying to trade down into the 2nd round, and pick up another top 150 pick possibly, And come away with 3 potential key depth pieces.
Or stay put at 24 and take someone like Queen, Murray, Gladney, Fulton, Jefferson, Mims, or even Cesar Ruiz over taking a QB who will have to sit and learn for two years before we can even see if becomes something...

I look at this roster and feel It's about *this* close to being a Championship caliber team provided they have just even the most minuscule amount of Play-off luck, Drafting Jordan Love in the First doesn't do anything to help the Saints win a Super Bowl this year in 2020... could it pay dividends in 2022, '23? Sure, possibly but that remains to be seen.

Last edited:
Great point about 18.

If you switched his 18 and 19 seasons, teams would be fighting to jump into the top 3-5 to draft him. Instead, he lost his head coach, OC and 8 offensive starters including his top pass-catchers and, shockingly, his numbers fell.

I’d be really excited about getting him.

Exactly...Love had zero supporting cast & a HC who had no idea how to adjust & play to the strengths if his roster. Utah St also had a crap D that put Love in shoot outs & forced him to play a ton of “hero ball” in nearly every single game in 19. He was basically the entire offense & had to put the weight of his team on His shoulders. Unfortunately, his play suffered & his game appeared to fall off. That being said, he still ended the year w/a winning record & got Utah St to a Bowl game. I think Love would be well worth a blockbuster trade up scenario.

This is not something that is mutually exclusive. You can both intend for Taysom Hill to be the future and put contingencies in place with your integrity still intact.

Exactly...Love had zero supporting cast & a HC who had no idea how to adjust & play to the strengths if his roster. Utah St also had a crap D that put Love in shoot outs & forced him to play a ton of “hero ball” in nearly every single game in 19. He was basically the entire offense & had to put the weight of his team on His shoulders. Unfortunately, his play suffered & his game appeared to fall off. That being said, he still ended the year w/a winning record & got Utah St to a Bowl game. I think Love would be well worth a blockbuster trade up scenario.

I agree with this. In 2018 he had a great year with a better supporting cast on offense. Utah St's defense was always terrible so he had to always carry them as well. I don't want him in the 1st round but if Coach Payton wants him then he must see something there.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom