Saints among leading candidates for UK Game (1 Viewer)

Horrible, they need not take a home game away from the fans in New Orleans.

I wouldn't even want to play a road game there...

It can't be a good thing for us...

I wouldn't even want to play a road game there...

It can't be a good thing for us...

yeah.... because it really hurt the New York Giants?

Personally, I'd hate to see NO lose a home game but I also like the idea of getting more international exposure for our beloved team.

I still get a kick out of the images of David Beckham in the Black and Gold

I really, really hope not. This year's Giants, Dolphins London game was discussed on ESPN radio. They had a New York beat reporter on and he talked about what a long, grueling road trip it was. He said not only was the trip much longer than a usual road game the beat writer said it effected the prep for the following week's game. Anyone else notice what teams aren't on this list? Try the Patriots, Packers, or Cowboys. Hmmmm.....I wonder why they aren't included in the discussion?

I hope the Saints are scratched from that list. Each Saints home game pumps a little more $ into the New Orleans economy.....

Hopefully it's not us. If it is hopefully we don't lose a home game out of the deal. If they insist on playing regular season games overseas they should matchup the two worst teams in the league so its less likely to have an impact on the playoffs.

less likely to have an impact on the playoffs.

The London game wasn't the reason Miami didn't make the playoffs this year.

The Giants are in the NFCCG.

Where is the impact on the playoffs?

Maybe that grueling week made the team stronger and more resilient. How do we know that's not the case?

The more I think about it the more it torques me that none of the winning playoff teams (and the losing Cowboys) are not included in this. Sorry NFL but you'd peak more interest if you'd bring the Super Bowl winners and loser to the London. But obviously Kraft and Jones won't let the NFL have them lose a home game........

Last edited:
I think it's a drag on the team and definitely no fun for season ticket holders to lose a home game, but what a great opportunity for Saints fans across the pond (some of whom post here) to catch a game.

I didn't say it impacted the playoffs this year....but it could in the future. I have no problem playing over there in the preseason...but not the regular season....and definitely not a regular season home game. The Dolphins should go over there again and play the Raiders.

Last edited:
This honestly makes no sense to me to be brutally honest.

If you ranked all 32 NFL teams in terms of support here the Saints would definately be in the bottom 5. They are a small market team who can't afford to lose a home game really.

I would love my first game to be in the Dome, but I will surely go if they come here.

I'm pretty scared now though, I thought that it wouldn't matter too much for me if I was one of the hundreds of thousands who missed out on tickets to something like Cowboys-Lions in Wembley. If the Saints come and I don't get tickets I will be seriously ****** off. I'd probably end up shelling out 10 times face value to a tout. They should seriously give every Saints fan here a ticket first if this happens. That would still be a minuscule amount of Who Dats in the massive Wembley.

If the Saints play in London it would actually make it more difficult for me to go to the game. We were 6 people all trying to get tickets to last years game and even though we preregistered the moment they allowed to, none of us got any tickets, or were even allowed to apply for buying tickets. The way the whole ticket mess were handled only made the English scalpers rich men and left most ordinary NFL fans out in the cold.

Maybe that grueling week made the team stronger and more resilient. How do we know that's not the case?

Well both teams played horribly in that game. Did you watch it? It was tough watching both teams struggle so badly. And since all the players and beat writers were complaining about the trip and how it messed up preparation, I'm guessing that was one of the main reasons for that disaster of a game.

The next few weeks the Giants got handled by the Cowboys, almost lost to the Lions, and got blown out badly by the Vikings. Now I doubt all of this can be blamed on the disruption caused by playing overseas, but it certainly didn't seem to help matters.

Sure the Giants are in the NFC Championship game because of how well they've played recently, but I don't think the week of the England game had anything to do with that. And I doubt the players on either team (Miami/NY) are jumping at the chance to do it again.

I certainly don't want to give up a home game for New Orleans, nor do I want more distractions while trying to prepare for a game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom