Saints Analysis from NFL Source (1 Viewer)

Pete Revis - Body by Revis. Former College Coach and Player. Trainer for 20 years. Rehabs football and baseball players for teams. Gets players ready for the Combine and UDFA tryouts. Does work for the Texans and Rangers. Owns his own gym. Hates the Internet. Go figure

He doesn't know everything, is the 1st to admit when he is wrong, but is amazingly correct much of the time. He is not boastful or arrogant. Just good. Real Good!

You should ask him to clarify what he means when he claims that he does work for the Rangers. One of my close friends has been on the Rangers training staff for years and has never heard of Pete Revis. My buddy travels on the road with them and is in the dugout during every game. It would be impossible for him to have not even heard of Pete if Pete had been a part of their spring training or regular season staff.

Philosophical question: is the honorable thing to give some of the $ back?
I know it won't happen. Just a philosophical Q.

The NFLPA absolutely wouldn't allow that. That would set a very bad precedent. Not that it wouldn't be warranted in a lot of cases.

I agree...

I was a huge Byrd supporter as well but after yesterday the dude is just invisible out there. What's crazy is Byrd lines up like 25 yards deep and still can't make a play and get to a damn deep ball. Like WTH....

I say insert Harris or Bell, someone who looks like they actually care.
I was very disappointed in his play on that 75 yd run. His main repondsibility on the running plays is just don't let the runner get by you. Where was Byrd? Somewhere off to the left, took a bad angle, and he only managed to get a hand on the runner. Touchdown!! I think it's stuff like this that make people say he shies away from contact. I believe it. Put Eric Harris out there. He's had some experience albeit CFL. Couldn't be any worse.

1)
4) Saints young WRs are one of the best units in the NFL. Loves Cooks and thinks Thomas will be elite. Has no opinion on Fleener, but said, "Give it time before judgement."

I have an opinion on Fleener. He was a disappointment yesterday. One pass was put perfectly where only a tall tight end could catch it...and he dropped it. I know that Watson and Graham would've caught it. Another play it looked like Fleener and Brees were on different pages. Both of those plays were crucial from what I remember. I know Fleener's tangibles on paper look good but his questionable hands might hurt us. All Brees needs is a tight end who can catch and he will make him a superstar. I'm not sure Fleener is there yet.

Wait Wait , "Slashing us at will?" up until the middle of the 3rd Q we held them to 10 POINTS , and 3 of that cams on our fumble . What game were you watching . Out collapse came when DB got hurt . Our D played pretty well up till then

I watched a game where the Raiders offense move the ball down the field effortlessly.
Yes from the first series they were moving the ball between the twenties with almost no resistance. Obviously yards do not equate to points but it's not like we were playing great before bro got hurt. I would say that before bro got hurt the defense was adequate and after he got hurt it was bad.

I watched a game where the Raiders offense move the ball down the field effortlessly.
Yes from the first series they were moving the ball between the twenties with almost no resistance. Obviously yards do not equate to points but it's not like we were playing great before bro got hurt. I would say that before bro got hurt the defense was adequate and after he got hurt it was bad.
There were a couple of series late in the 3rd early 4th where they did gash us running the ball on 3 or 4 key plays, then they went back to the air. The big runs set off the collapse...

Is that scheme or choice? We're giving Byrd a hard time (and maybe rightfully so) but maybe Allen had him back there to help out the young corners. Not sure if it really helped because we still gave up some big plays. Were the big plays before or after Breaux went out?

Ding, ding, ding. We have a winner. He will always be invisible when the television screen only shows 10-15 off the LOS. But our D Coordinator is playing our FS 25 yards back on every play.

Not saying Byrd is an All-Pro, but he won't ever do much to impress us if the front 4 can't get to the QB and our corners can't hold up for 4 seconds (which they shouldn't have to, the line should penetrate with 2.5 seconds)

So just like Reggie (at the time) the fans will hate on Byrd and make him the scapegoat because he is "overpaid" and "doesn't produce" stats.

Never will produce stats when he can't roam free ballhawking, and the only takles he even has an opportunity to make is when the guy with the ball makes it past everyone else.

Is it too much to ask for the team to pick a defensive scheme, acquire players who fit that scheme, and build it for a couple of years??? What we've been through with changes in scheme and coordinators is nothing short of schizophrenic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm usually on the reserved side when it comes to calling for a player to be benched, especially just one game into the season. I don't pretend to know more than our coaches. But I will say this...

If we are going to go down swinging this season, I would rather go down with the high draft pick with potential over the dissappoining vet. At least he could get experience and take his bumps early on, especially if we stay in it and make a run at the end of the season.

Wait Wait , "Slashing us at will?" up until the middle of the 3rd Q we held them to 10 POINTS , and 3 of that cams on our fumble . What game were you watching . Out collapse came when DB got hurt . Our D played pretty well up till then

Agreed. Barber even stated as much.

I think the so called source is stupid. No one worth their salt takes preseason into account. I have been saying all along we will have a top 10 Oline. And Brees had one injury. This guy probably sells beer and is calling himself a source

Why do some have to be so close minded. This is not Bill Parcells. He just knows more about NFL players than anyone else I know and as been correct an extremely high percent of the time. Bubba runs another gym in New Braunfels, right outside Austin. he played for the Cowboys for 4 years. His best friend is Randy White who comes to town a few time per year. Pete and Bubba are friends and Randy comes to Pete's gym with Bubba to shoot the **** about the NFL with Pete.

Somebody tried to claim he knows someone who knows everything that happens with the Rangers. Pete tried to rehab a AA pitcher from Mexico for the Rangers earlier in the year. The kid will likely never play again cause of disc problems in his neck.

Again, these trainers and even Randy White is not a rocket scientist, nor do they pretend to be. They just have some opinions and sometimes very reliable knowledgeable sources.

Sorry you guys are taking the Saints loss so hard, but if your manhood got hurt, lamely trying to run down another Who Dat Brother is only sharing your misery with other Black and Gold brothers. Rise Above! We are in this together!

Fury - I used to think you were just insecure. But I now believe you are a major Who Dat fan with some very funny insights. If it makes you feel more manly to take shots at my posts, go for it. I really thought you were a girl in the 1st year before you changed your avatar

You should ask him to clarify what he means when he claims that he does work for the Rangers. One of my close friends has been on the Rangers training staff for years and has never heard of Pete Revis. My buddy travels on the road with them and is in the dugout during every game. It would be impossible for him to have not even heard of Pete if Pete had been a part of their spring training or regular season staff.

Why do some have to be so close minded. This is not Bill Parcells. He just knows more about NFL players than anyone else I know and as been correct an extremely high percent of the time. Bubba runs another gym in New Braunfels, right outside Austin. he played for the Cowboys for 4 years. His best friend is Randy White who comes to town a few time per year. Pete and Bubba are friends and Randy comes to Pete's gym with Bubba to shoot the **** about the NFL with Pete.

Somebody tried to claim he knows someone who knows everything that happens with the Rangers. Pete tried to rehab a AA pitcher from Mexico for the Rangers earlier in the year. The kid will likely never play again cause of disc problems in his neck.

Again, these trainers and even Randy White is not a rocket scientist, nor do they pretend to be. They just have some opinions and sometimes very reliable knowledgeable sources.

Sorry you guys are taking the Saints loss so hard, but if your manhood got hurt, lamely trying to run down another Who Dat Brother is only sharing your misery with other Black and Gold brothers. Rise Above! We are in this together!

Fury - I used to think you were just insecure. But I now believe you are a major Who Dat fan with some very funny insights. If it makes you feel more manly to take shots at my posts, go for it. I really thought you were a girl in the 1st year before you changed your avatar

Instead of going around calling mods girls, why don't you answer this question? You must have missed it while picking out what posts to reply to.

I say we sign crazy Greg Hardy to a 1 year contract that is laced with incentives to behave. Arrange it such that most of it pays out towards the end of the contract, including a bonus for still being with the team on the last game of the season. Remember that anyone signed at this point is not guaranteed. Heck, we may be able to cut him if he's misbehaving after Rankins returns. Couple that with better CB play, and we might be okay.

How much better is Hardy than Kruger and Jordan?

I have realized that if you are at a point to win the ball game in the last 3 minutes of each game, you are doing well and really all you can ask. Look at how many games were decided by a field goal or less this past weekend. Just be competitive and hope for the best this year. We may set some major offensive records this year.

I have realized that if you are at a point to win the ball game in the last 3 minutes of each game, you are doing well and really all you can ask. Look at how many games were decided by a field goal or less this past weekend. Just be competitive and hope for the best this year. We may set some major offensive records this year.

wasn't it like some record or something? something like 7-8 games decided by less than a touchdown.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom