Saints and Carr deal released $150M over 4 years $100M fully guaranteed (1 Viewer)

The fact was that a qb desperate team let Carr walk. The fact was he got benched during his most recent season. The third fact was Dalton out performed him when the Raiders and Saints played in 2022. Fourth he was shutout when Raiders played Saints.
My hope is that he does great. My opinion is that many people or overhyping him.
Those are indeed all facts.

There are a lot more compelling facts supporting the notion (or opinion) that he’s a good QB.

The specific post you responded to was referencing your response about a film analysis (which offered a favorable opinion) and your response was that you “watched him in real-time,” to form your own opinion.

It’s cool. We all have our opinions. But the specific back and forth was about opinion, not fact.

I dont know why you keep talking about that Saints Raiders game. You realize our defense is pretty good right and the Raiders defense not so good? And that Carr faced our defense and Dalton the Raiders defense?

Put Dalton in as the Raiders QB and I bet we win 38-0 and not 24-0 since he would have probably thrown 2 pick 6
Yet, baby-hands Kenny Pickett owned the Saints D when it counted most for that game and the season.

Look (CSP nod), I am the biggest advocate for the Saints D, but let’s not pretend that a very struggling rookie QB, on an at that point struggling team, didn’t show a lot more than Carr did against the same D.

And to be clear, I am not bagging on Carr, just saying that I think the signing of him is not some silver bullet that overcomes coaching and roster deficiencies.

Ideally, I am wrong. But yeah.

The fact was that a qb desperate team let Carr walk. The fact was he got benched during his most recent season. The third fact was Dalton out performed him when the Raiders and Saints played in 2022. Fourth he was shutout when Raiders played Saints.
My hope is that he does great. My opinion is that many people or overhyping him.
This is precisely what I'm getting at. It's a horrific opinion because your arguments make no sense.

It's really simple, comparing Carr and Dalton is looney tunes. Not one GM would take Dalton over Carr, not one.

Yes, but I also realize the defense only shutout one team.
So what? That's not indicative of anything. Every QB in the league has terrible games at some point in their career. And, sometimes, their team sheets the bed and has nothing to do with the QB.

Thank you. I watched this. I also watched Carr play in real time.

I assume you’re referring to our game against them. If we are judging QBs off of cherry-picking essentially what was their worst career game, then just about every non-elite QB in the league isn’t very good in your eyes.

Saints fans really do have a warped standard when it comes to QBs these days. I get it, because we are coming off an era of watching near-perfect QB play for a very long time. But man, sometimes it’s frustrating how people can’t recognize a good, or even well above-average QB even if they’re staring them in the face.

Go take a look at the Jets’ fan forum and how angry they are that they didn’t get Carr and now have to “settle” for Aaron Rodgers. That should give you a very good indication that maybe you to need reconsider your thoughts and maybe do some more research.

I assume you’re referring to our game against them. If we are judging QBs off of cherry-picking essentially what was their worst career game, then just about every non-elite QB in the league isn’t very good in your eyes.

Saints fans really do have a warped standard when it comes to QBs these days. I get it, because we are coming off an era of watching near-perfect QB play for a very long time. But man, sometimes it’s frustrating how people can’t recognize a good, or even well above-average QB even if they’re staring them in the face.

Go take a look at the Jets’ fan forum and how angry they are that they didn’t get Carr and now have to “settle” for Aaron Rodgers. That should give you a very good indication that maybe you to need reconsider your thoughts and maybe do some more research.

Shoot even our players are pumped. All signs are pointing towards Michael Thomas reworking his deal. That doesn't happen if Dalton comes back as the starter which says all you need to know about the Carr vs Dalton comparison.

It's absurd to paint this as Saints fans wearing their rose colored glasses. Especially when you're forming your "opinion" based off of one game and then drawing a terrible conclusion from it.

So what? That's not indicative of anything. Every QB in the league has terrible games at some point in their career. And, sometimes, their team sheets the bed and has nothing to do with the QB.
Yeah but what about that one game in week 5 when they only lost to KC by 1 and he made all those great throws? I think that means he’s almost as good as Mahomes.

Those are indeed all facts.

There are a lot more compelling facts supporting the notion (or opinion) that he’s a good QB.

The specific post you responded to was referencing your response about a film analysis (which offered a favorable opinion) and your response was that you “watched him in real-time,” to form your own opinion.

It’s cool. We all have our opinions. But the specific back and forth was about opinion, not fact.
Somewhat facts. His benching was way more about preserving his health so he could be traded in the off-season than it was performance. Yes, he had his struggles under his egotistical bad head coach, but so did the majority of the offense.

The "bench" fact is where you lose me.....context matters, he wasn't benched for performance reasons, to keep stating this very much weakens your stance here, it's disingenuous at best....

While I don't like that DA and staff are still here, acquiring Carr is a good move, it gives us that "bridge" QB that will allows (hopefully) the next staff to draft our future QB....

so your basis on how good a QB is, is by the head to head match up?
So i guess Taysom Hill is better than Tom Brady.. That settles it.
So there isn't a long list of QBs that have gone to other teams and performed well? All QBs who walk from a team never amunt to anything?

The "bench" fact is where you lose me.....context matters, he wasn't benched for performance reasons, to keep stating this very much weakens your stance here, it's disingenuous at best....

While I don't like that DA and staff are still here, acquiring Carr is a good move, it gives us that "bridge" QB that will allows (hopefully) the next staff to draft our future QB....
I hope it’s a good move too and works out. It’s a fact though that he was benched. People speculate on why.

so your basis on how good a QB is, is by the head to head match up?
So i guess Taysom Hill is better than Tom Brady.. That settles it.
So there isn't a long list of QBs that have gone to other teams and performed well? All QBs who walk from a team never amunt to anything?
No, I didn’t just list the head to head match up. Look I am hoping for the best, and if he can perform at his best we got a steal, however, he didn’t look like a world beater last season and some here jump on whatever or whoever the Saints sign like they are the next coming and aren’t realistic.

No, I didn’t just list the head to head match up. Look I am hoping for the best, and if he can perform at his best we got a steal, however, he didn’t look like a world beater last season and some here jump on whatever or whoever the Saints sign like they are the next coming and aren’t realistic.
i agree he didn't look like a world beater, but he does have 4 pro bowls.
Again, Drew Bress didn't look like a world beater before he came here either. Drew is gone, no one is gonna be him. I sure if you were a Seatlle fan you would have hated that they signed Geno Smith.. I guess i just don't understand how rational people think Andy Dalton at this stage is better than Derrick Carr..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom