Saints and Carr deal released $150M over 4 years $100M fully guaranteed (1 Viewer)

it's only one game. but I am pleased with his performance. we are trending in the right direction. he came through when it mattered. we didn't have that with Dalton and Siemian.

Carr nailed that pass that was a no call by the officials for pass interference, And dropped in the big gainer to Shaheed. He almost had another Td to Shaheed too. Titans defense is no joke and he did alright. Pete Carmichael is the real concern for me.

Weren't we gifted a 10 points swing on an overturned Carr fumble? Let's chill on this and enjoy the win...lol. Yall just say anything on here..lol
@Zanedavis1

Where's the lie and why I get a clown for saying chill and enjoy the win. Our offense scored 16 points, we were gifted with a bad call on the fumble, were carried by our defense, and yall are still trying to throw former starting QBs under the bus with who would have won what. Just enjoy that we have a hard fought win without trying to put down others to prop someone up.

we were gifted with a bad call on the fumble,
I think the original call on the field was correct. The defender did hit the ball during Carr’s windup, but did not get the ball fully dislodged from Carr’s hand. There was no air between Carr’s hand and the football as Carr’s arm started moving forward.

Now, Carr’s fingers were no longer around the football as his arm went forward—however, the heel of his hand essentially pushed the ball forward as he completed his throwing motion. It looked weird in real time, yes. But as long as I’ve been watching football and especially in the replay era … if the passer’s throwing motion is the impetus of the ball going forward, it will be treated as a forward pass practically every time.

2023 season automatic scapegoat = Pete Carmichael

Another thing, he’s never had a defense close to the one like ours. We’re probably the best all round team of his career.

Feels like DA has got everything he could have wanted so far this offseason, time to prove a lot of us wrong and win that division.

If we sign Carr and do not have a vertical passing game with guys like Olave and Shaheed at WR coupled with a healthy Thomas and emerging TE in Johnson yeah, I'd say Pete Carmicheal will be the scapegoat for this season because the Defense is set.

I’m ehh about this. I don’t think he’s a bad QB. he’s obviously not on a Drew Brees level but he’s better that a Dalton/Jameis combo. I still have little to no faith in this coaching staff and it’s ability to win games but we’ll see and I’ll hope I’m wrong. Either way this makes me want to take a mid QB pick (hoping for Hooker in the 3rd) just to develop.

Can Derek fire Pete Carmichael and bring his own offense coordinator please

If your problem is the coaching staff, getting Carr only will accelerate their departures if they don't bring results.

It is a good move. We can't tank. We have too many players with contracts that can't be moved, so no choice than to think of the present.

This puts us in the driver seat in the division. Now we can draft a late round QB to develop as cheap backup. I prefer this over drafting for need. Hopefully we can lure a real OC, or a young up and coming OC, or Car can call his own plays. I would even settle for one of those kids that tap dances on Bourbon than Pete.

Now the play calling have to be way better (and no injuries)
He went from the black & silver to the black & gold ,that's funny

Just like his grandfather . It would be perfect
I had to dig this up to remind everyone where this journey started.

After Carr was signed, many of you had the right idea of where the blame should go if this team failed to produce in 2023. I only went through about 10 pages, but there was a lot of talk about how coaching didn't have anymore excuses now that Carr was going to be QB. That Pete would be the scapegoat and that DA got everything he wanted and had to produce.

It seems that that sentiment has long been forgotten by many and there are now a lot of recent threads about Carr, a couple about DA and none about Pete Carmichael. There were already huge reservations about how this team was being led by the coaches and many were excited about the leadership Carr would bring to the field and locker room. (not quoted)

Did Carr come in and change this team? No. It's the same as it was before he signed, but our frustration with what it was last year and continues to be this year has grown. I think a lot of anger directed at Carr is misplaced as he is the visual culmination of the ongoing coaching failures. We see him on nearly every offensive play and only see a glimpse of Carmichael and DA during games. In hindsight, none of us should have ever believed he was ever good enough to overcome our coaching staff which were already knew was a train wreck.

And I'll tell you. With the same coaching staff, we'll be in the same place next season as we are this season even with a different QB. With the same QB and a different HC/OC combo, we might have an actual chance to improve. Not a guarantee, but a chance.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom