Saints and Charles Grant begin extension talks ... {merged} (1 Viewer)

I don't like this. His mind needs to be on football, not his extension during the season. Let this work itself out after the seasons over.

I don't understand your logic? Let a proven player that's an important part of your D get on the open market when you have a chance to lock him up now?

How does this affect his mind not being on football? If anything, it shows him what this organization thinks of him... Please explain?

Grant playing at a high level in a contract year... who would have thunk it!!! Coincidence, I think not.

"I don't like this. His mind needs to be on football, not his extension during the season. Let this work itself out after the seasons over."

I disagree, its the middle of the season, and if we sign him to a great extension, he may become yep a " BEAST" the rest of the year especially down the stretch.

Good move by Loomis!!!

Mysteriously fell off ? First off, what Saint player didn't have a significant drop in performance and production in 2005 ? And secondly, there really is no mystery as to why. It's an ESPN Insider article which I can't access, just curious who wrote the article...

Pasquerelli wrote the article ... I think he questions such a drastic drop from double digit sacks to 2.5. That didn't happen with Will Smith for instance. I think playing a little overweight (par for the Haslett era player) as well as the complications of Katrina caused Grant's problems and it can't all be blamed on the team's situation.

Pasquerelli wrote the article ... I think he questions such a drastic drop from double digit sacks to 2.5. That didn't happen with Will Smith for instance. I think playing a little overweight (par for the Haslett era player) as well as the complications of Katrina caused Grant's problems and it can't all be blamed on the team's situation.

I agree with you that it all can't be blamed on the situation last year, but I'd put a heavy percentage on it. Not sure Will Smith is a good comparison, as he was a rookie in 2004 and had significantly increased playing time in 2005 over 2004.

I agree with you that it all can't be blamed on the situation last year, but I'd put a heavy percentage on it. Not sure Will Smith is a good comparison, as he was a rookie in 2004 and had significantly increased playing time in 2005 over 2004.

How about Darren Howard ... only played limited time in 12 of 16 games and registered 4 sacks. Not his normal production but still on pace for about 5-7 sacks in a full season.

Maybe starting the contract talks now will get him even more fired up for the rest of the season..

I'm I the only one who thinks Charles Grant takes too many plays off?

When he wants to, he dominates. It just seems that he doesn't want to as much as he should, and certainly not enough to break the bank on him.

Great news indeed. I was listening to some sports program earlier today(May have been a repeat of Total Access) and they mentioned a few clubs that will be in the +30 million on cap room in 2007 and that there would be a bunch more with 20+. It went on to say that it will be a free agent's cash bonanza for players like Tony Gonzales, Dwight Freney, etc(I would imagine Grant would be in that group also) So it would behoove the Saints, to get him wrapped up before he tests the FA waters.

Awesome! This is great news no doubt. I'd been hoping they'd get on the ball and do this soon before he made it to market.

I don't understand your logic? Let a proven player that's an important part of your D get on the open market when you have a chance to lock him up now?

How does this affect his mind not being on football? If anything, it shows him what this organization thinks of him... Please explain?

its no secret that Grants success comes in spurts, maybe he'll prove me wrong however I really don't agree with giving any player extentions while the season is still going on.

There are alot more important things to deal with than how much money someone is going to be getting.

Maybe I'm the only one, but I want each and every players mind to be totally dedicated to football while the season is going on, not how much money they can rack in next season. Whats so wrong with waiting till after the season? If he truly wants to stay in NO (as many people say he does) then it shouldn't be a problem.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom