Saints and Pats Likely Trade Partners? [War Room Report] (1 Viewer)

I would stay put at 10 or move down a couple of spots if a good trade presents itself.

Mickey Loomis plays hardball in the draft room. They won't burn us in value (though the 3rd rounder would be equal value according to the chart).

I know we won't get burned, which is why I'm skeptical we even try to move up.

Have faith in the FO

The Patriots are the smartest organization in football. They aren't just gonna match up points. They'll want at least a 3rd round pick, maybe a 2nd rounder.

You give NE too much credit and our guys too little. Plus after "Spygate" I simply feel that NE just happened to be the better group of cheaters not the better team in their SB wins.

Trading

I think we should swap 1st and 2nd rounders with the Pats, then we would move up 3 spots in the first round and they would move up like 20 spots in the second, and the values are pretty much equal according to the chart.

That's a good idea. It isn't worth a 2nd round pick to move up 3 spots. In my opinion though, it is worth a 2nd round pick to move up to pick 2 or 3 to get Dorsey.

You give NE too much credit and our guys too little. Plus after "Spygate" I simply feel that NE just happened to be the better group of cheaters not the better team in their SB wins.

I'm not giving us too little credit. NE has the pick, they are in the drivers seat and noway do they come out of the deal even or getting the raw end. They will want to gain something by trading down. A 3rd rounder would be matching the points and might get it done. I wouldn't doubt them demanding a 2nd rounder though.

Likewise Loomis is very smart and he won't overpay. In the end I don't think we trade up.

Whether you feel they are "cheaters" or not, NE is an extremely smart team in the way they draft, trade, and select FA's.

I'm not a fan of this scenario. Giving up our 2nd would be crazy. I still think we could use another stud at LB, so I'd be happy to sit at 10 and take Rivers.

New England may be smart, but they should be smart enough to realize that we are the best trading partner for them. They want to drop back but not too far, if they are going to get the player they want (probably a CB like McKelvin or DRC). My bet is they will drive a good, but not too hard a bargain. At 10 they can get the same guy they want at 7, and something extra. If they demand a 1 and 2 for the switch the Saints will walk and NE will have wasted an opportunity.

I say don't give up too much for the trade. The options at 10 are pretty good. We don't need to give up a potential starter for Ellis.

I either would love to move up for Ellis. If we don't, I am hoping we try to move down.

I could stand the 3rd rounder gone if Ellis is that player we get. However, I would love (if Ellis can't be gotten) we move down and still draft a corner like Mike Jenkins.

I think we should swap 1st and 2nd rounders with the Pats, then we would move up 3 spots in the first round and they would move up like 20 spots in the second, and the values are pretty much equal according to the chart.

I like this senario, as opposed to losing a pick in a round.

Since the Patriots would get two high picks, they may go for this senario...

I'm not about trading up in the first to lose out on the second AND the fourth. Now, swap firsts and seconds, and maybe a throw away player, then I'm all game.

Say what you will about their on the field "strategies", but you can't deny that the Pats have recently set the bar on how to handle the off-season. How do you think they managed to get the 7th overall pick in the first place? They made a great draft day trade.

Yes, it would take only a 1,3. But i doubt the Pats would accept just a 1,3. I think if we want to move and grab Ellis, then it will have to be a 1,2. The bengals have the same need. They might try to jump up with the Pats also. We need to make our trade proposal sexy. The Pats have 2 major needs. CB and LB. If you watch, the D line is the strength of their 3-4. That's opposite of how it's suppose to work. They needa CB obviously to replace Samuel and Gay. They could stay and grab a CB or move down, gain more picks, and then grab either McKelvin or DRC. Which seems like the better option to you? Of course trade down. But if they really want Gholston, then they will trade up and secure their rush LB need.

What we need to do is not fall into this trap of feeling like we have to move up and get any player. Mark my word, if they move up they will not get value for what they give up. To me this is a perfect draft to move back in. It's loaded with talent at the positions we need to get stronger in.

MOVING UP WILL BE A MISTAKE

I think we should move up. Getting a star DT will make us an elite team. If you have any doubts about that go back and watch what Albert Haynesworth did to us in the Tennessee game last year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom