Saints and Pats Likely Trade Partners? [War Room Report] (1 Viewer)

What we need to do is not fall into this trap of feeling like we have to move up and get any player. Mark my word, if they move up they will not get value for what they give up. To me this is a perfect draft to move back in. It's loaded with talent at the positions we need to get stronger in.

MOVING UP WILL BE A MISTAKE

QFT. DT isn't the only way to make the run defense and pass rush better, and the Saints don't need to sell out to for Ellis. The run D and pass rush are already better with the additions of Vilma, Morgan, and McCray.

If we move up, Ellis would be a great addition, but it wouldn't be worth all that we have to give up to get him. If we move up for him, we will still be looking for a stud linebacker and a shutdown corner two years from now. Much better to stand pat or trade down since the second half of the first round is going to be the sweet spot for LBs and CBs, and the first half of the second round will still have some good DT talent.

I do not think it is worth giving up our 2nd rounder to move up 3 places! That almost sounds ridiculous to me. I would much rather get two new defensive players than one who is good but not phenomanal.

Very true. Cromartie then Laws, Mayo, Davis, Sims, or even Moore would be better than just Ellis.

So trading 1sts and 2nds, we could potentially wind up with Ellis and Xavier Adibi in the first two rounds, and Zach Bowman, CB, Nebraska in the third.

I could live with this day 1.

I saw on another site...

That if the Saints trade from #10 to #7 with the Pats, AND a swap of 2nd round picks it could work.

So trading 1sts and 2nds, we could potentially wind up with Ellis and Xavier Adibi in the first two rounds, and Zach Bowman, CB, Nebraska in the third.

I could live with this day 1.

I think the third round has been moved to day 2, but I'm not sure.

This is ridiculous. The patriots WANT to move down. Why in the world would we let them rip us off? Just because they're the Patriots and they've ripped teams off in the past? Sorry. No way we'd lose our #40 pick just to move up 3 spots.

I hope no one wants to go in to next season with Josh Bullocks at S. We also still need CB and LB. Unless Ellis can play all 3 postions it's not worth the risk.

Say what you will about their on the field "strategies", but you can't deny that the Pats have recently set the bar on how to handle the off-season. How do you think they managed to get the 7th overall pick in the first place? They made a great draft day trade.

If your gonna go that far, Damn the cowboys must be smart too. 2 first rounders this year

AND THEY WEREN'T STUPID ENOUGH TO CHEAT.

PHEW Geniuses

according to the value chart, the # 7 pick is worth 1500 pts. and the #10 pick is worth 1300 pts. guys, that''s only 200 pts! so that would only require the Saints to give up their 3rd rounder, because the #78 pick is worth exactly 200 points.

according to the value chart, the # 7 pick is worth 1500 pts. and the #10 pick is worth 1300 pts. guys, that''s only 200 pts! so that would only require the Saints to give up their 3rd rounder, because the #78 pick is worth exactly 200 points.

The pats will probably demand more than that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom