Saints and Pats Likely Trade Partners? [War Room Report] (1 Viewer)

next year's 1st and 2nd to the rams for dorsey, this year's 1st and 3rd to NE for ellis :) ... it's a lot of money, but on the bright side we wouldn't have to pay anyone in '09 heheh...

On Sirius NFL this afternoon they were discussing the Falcons packaging all of their 2nd round picks in a trade with NE. I came in toward the middle so I'm not sure if that was just speculation or a rumor with some teeth to it. The idea was that would allow them to come out of the 1st Rd with Dorsey and Ryan.

Just seems wrong that the Pats even have a pick in the first round, much less a pick that high. With the Bill- a-Cheat scandal and all. Also them having a near perfect season.

If we trade up its to 7 its gotta be to grab Ellis or DRC , right?

Last edited:
On Sirius NFL this afternoon they were discussing the Falcons packaging all of their 2nd round picks in a trade with NE. I came in toward the middle so I'm not sure if that was just speculation or a rumor with some teeth to it. The idea was that would allow them to come out of the 1st Rd with Dorsey and Ryan.

The Falcons need to keep their picks and take the BPA.

I'd rather trade back, pick up another 3rd and select Balmer DL, who to me is better
then Ellis without all the hype.. I'd take SEC, or ACC anytime over Pac10.

With another 3rd we end up with 5 picks on day two (Two 3's,5,6,&7)

10th and 40th to move to 7th? 3 spots? No thanks! The 40th is a dang good pick. It isnt JUST a 2nd round pick. Its early 2nd. There's a big difference from early 2nd to late 2nd. Npw Throw in Moss and we have a deal. :p

If your gonna go that far, Damn the cowboys must be smart too. 2 first rounders this year

AND THEY WEREN'T STUPID ENOUGH TO CHEAT.

PHEW Geniuses

Not sure I follow. What do the Cowboys have to do with the Patriots success during the off-season? I would guess very little.

Yes, the Patriots got caught cheating and got what they deserved, etc. My point had nothing to do with that. Simply put, the Patriots have been one of the smartest teams in recent memory when it comes to the off-season (draft, free agency, etc). Them making it to the Superbowl, getting their first rounder taken away, and still coming out with the 7th overall pick is just the latest example of that.

There are only three players in this draft that are worth trading up to get. Dorsey, McFadden and Chris Long.

Since we don't need RB or DE, that leaves Dorsey. He is the only player i would consider trading up for. For that to happen he would have to fall past the first three picks to number 4 where i believe the raiders or chiefs are picking i am not sure. This is the only scenario where we should trade up to grab Dorsey. He is worth it.

There are no other players worth draft picks to go up and get. Ellis is a very good player but he is clearly a notch below Dorsey. Rivers is also very good but could easily fall to ten. So we either trade up to get Dorsey, or sit pat at ten and draft whoever is available between Ellis, River, or DRC. With DRC being the one I want the most. He could be a game changer! Or we could easily trade back to get more picks and build depth.

But IMO Dorsey is the only one worth trading up to get. If Ellis falls to us then great, but I am not sold on giving up other picks to get him, especially with New England!!

Looks like they are making some phone calls to the top 5 teams to see what it would take. Could be a smoke screen but hey.......this is getting good.

I would give up our third in a HEARBEAT for Ellis. If that's all it's going to take, I see NO reason why not to do it. We could easily make another deal to get another second or third round pick, but I don't think we woul need to. Ellis is IMO far above any of the other choices that are realistic to us. If we get a stud DT, we'd be set on defense. I think the ONLY place you should get a corner for OUR system is on FA and we already missed that boat do it's time to move on.

I wouldn't do it for anyone but Dorsey, even if they were equal, he would bring a lot of money and support here locally, and we need that.

Ya getting almost as exciting as 2006,
when everyone in there mother had Bush going to
Texans.

Everyone was predicting who wed take in the #2 slot.
I Think it was a mix between AJ Hawk, D'Brick , and Mario
Williams.

Rumors spread of Houston taking Mario Williams and passing on Bush. I think it was the night before the draft they made the
announcement that Houston had inked a contract with
Mario Williams.

I Think the server for this site went down a few times.
That was stellar.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom