Saints and the 99' Rams (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I found this website with all the past superbowl winners.Which one do you think our saints resemble the most:
http://ag.nfl.com/

I choose the 99' rams
Rams aquire Marshall faulk-We draft Reggie

Rams draft Torry Holt-We draft Colston

Both aggressive Offseason
rams sign-a o-lineman we get faine....Rams get a safety we get stoutmire(although not that great but we still have it in common with them)
rams also sign a linebacker-We beat them here we signed 3

Warner breaks numerous record and goes on to win mvp-Brees on his way to doing the same

Rankings by yardage
Rams Offense ranks 1st-We are ranked 1st
Rams Defense ranks 24th-I think we are around 15 not sure

Another big factor is takeaways: Rams had 29 interceptions while the current Saints only have 5. That said, pretty much every team in the NFC is beatable even with a mediocre defense. I can easily see the Saints making the Super Bowl but if they end up facing the Ravens again... it'll take a minor miracle to prevail.

Another big factor is takeaways: Rams had 29 interceptions while the current Saints only have 5. That said, pretty much every team in the NFC is beatable even with a mediocre defense. I can easily see the Saints making the Super Bowl but if they end up facing the Ravens again... it'll take a minor miracle to prevail.

Yeh but look at the teams in their division(99'rams)
Rams 1st place record 13-3
Carolina-2nd place record 8-8
Atlanta 3rd place record 5-11
49ers 4th place record 4-12
Saints 5th place record 3-13
:montrer:

Wow some hard times for us

Yeh but look at the teams in their division(99'rams)
Rams 1st place record 13-3
Carolina-2nd place record 8-8
Atlanta 3rd place record 5-11
49ers 4th place record 4-12
Saints 5th place record 3-13
:montrer:

Wow some hard times for us

Good Heavens! That was Ditka's last year...truly dark days. Gave up an entire draft for a dope smoking running back...Had two spares named Billy Joe throwing passes...or was it Heath Shuler? Who knows? It was horrid...

workhorse... it was the Billy Joe's that year. I always thought it ironic that there were most likely only 2 people named Billy Joe in the whole league and we had the good fortune to have them #1 and #2 on our QB depth chart. Ditka made Haslett look like Bellichek

I agree with you, thought about this the other day, but I think we have a chance to be a little more physical of a team with Deuce and a guy like Colston and even Horn the way he goes over the middle. I think the Rams were more finesse, Receivers taking dives on balls thrown over the middle.

I'd love to face the Ravens again in the SB... In fact, more than any other top tier AFC team. I think we can bet Payton would have our guys ready for that game.

While the Ravens D flat out whooped us, it still came down to the turnovers. Remember Reggie's INT when we were in the red zone, or the INT that bounced off of Steckler for a TD, or Reggie's fumble, or Drew's other INT for a TD?

That's your game...

I think we're a lot more like the Super Bowl losing 2002 Oakland Raiders with Rich Gannon under the helm.

correct me if i'm wrong, but haven't all those teams actually won a superbowl? it seems if you want to compare a team to superbowl winners, the team you are comparing needs to have won a superbowl...am i missing something?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom