Saints! And This Feeling (1 Viewer)

If we take 3 of the next four games it'll be awfully hard not to expect more than a playoff win. At 6-1 or 7-0 it would be awfully hard to see us not running through the Panthers Rams and Bucs the way they have looked so far. Even if we dropped two of three we'd be in good shape, so I'm glad we've started well, but a few more and the stars could align for a bye and a chance to win those two elusive playoff games in a row that would make us go nuts.

I grew up in Chicago in the days when you didn't have access to the news and games of other teams so you simply watched the home team and hoped for the best. I was fortunate enough to see the Bears go from Walter Payton and a bunch of clowns to a complete, dominant team. In '85 we all knew that it was the year. Even people who had never watched football in their lives were watching because it was so obvious that something special was happening. The Bears had "it."

I have a similar feeling about this team. It's hard to not get excited. Especially because it appears as though the quality of the character of the players is impeccable. They're human and prone to such mistakes but they appear to be above average in that regard.

I won't allow myself to go nuts just yet because it's early. These games count just as much as any others but it's difficult to judge the quality of the opponents early in the season. I believe that Buffalo is a very talented team when they are healthy and if they don't implode I think that they have a chance to take second in that division. This was a legitimate win in my eyes. I see continuous improvement which excites me.

They will play the two toughest teams of the regular season schedule in these next two games and I am excited to see the games. The Jets and the Giants are legitimate contenders and I believe that those two games will show us all what the Saints have. Even if they lose I believe that the experience can be positive so long as they learn from it. It will be nice to see some good, solid football and watch the team get better. This team seems to have "it" but we'll know for sure in a few weeks.

Every week is a legitimate game. At first, it was the Lions didn't count because they were the Lions. Well, ask Washington if the loss that the Lions hung on them today counts.

Then it was the Eagles' #1 defense, and that will be a true test about this team. So, we proceeded to shred that defense and hang 48 on the team. Well, McNabb and Vick didn't play, so you have to take that with a grain of salt.

Then it was the Bills are a good team who will give us fits. So, we went out and beat them by 20, which by the way was the 3rd straight double-digit margin of victory.

So, now we hear how the Jets and the Giants will be true tests for this team? I say bring it on. This team has talent in so many areas that it's scary.

Do you realize that we have played 12 quarters of football and have trailed for exactly 0 seconds?

16-0 is kind of a long shot, but im definatly good with 15-1...I say we lose the last game to the panthers because our starters are riding the bench!
(Brees would have of course already broken the TD record by Brady, and the yardage record by Marino!)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom