Saints' Andrus Peat, Deonte Harris miss Wednesday's practice; Marshon Lattimore back in (1 Viewer)

Nightshade

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score

Starting cornerback Marshon Lattimore (abdomen), tight end Josh Hill (concussion) and running back Dwayne Washington (back) all practiced fully after missing last week's game against the Atlanta Falcons with their injuries.

Starting guard Andrus Peat (concussion) and All-Pro returner Deonte Harris (neck) did not practice due to the injuries, as they both sustained their respective injuries against the Falcons and did not return.

That’s a great injury report. We’re gonna need Josh Hill to run the ball
Josh Hill's presence will help the running game.

I think Callaway can be adequate or better as the returner. Easton and Ruiz should be okay at the guards.

Obviously, having Lattimore back should be a huge benefit.

Josh Hill's presence will help the running game.

I think Callaway can be adequate or better as the returner. Easton and Ruiz should be okay at the guards.

Obviously, having Lattimore back should be a huge benefit.
Yeah Callaway can do the returning job as he did before, but Geez can the darn Special Teams block and open some freaking holes. Thats how Deontae got hurt. No blocking and letting 8 Failcants gang tackle him 🤬

nothing we can't handle unless its the Oline. This team has erased all the question marks for me at every position except along the Oline. They certainly aren't playing bad but I still don't think they are up to their potential. I beleive Ruiz is going to be a great player but I don't feel like no preseason did him any favors. He is still having some very rookie moments and overall depth is a concern as well so we can't have too many missed games.

Callaway isn't much of a drop off and its great to see Latt back.

Yeah Callaway can do the returning job as he did before, but Geez can the darn Special Teams block and open some freaking holes. Thats how Deontae got hurt. No blocking and letting 8 Failcants gang tackle him 🤬

Harris is by far the better returner of the two IMO. He's extremely quick and shifty which is what makes him special in the return game. On the other hand, Calloway is a more straight-line guy. He's an awesome 2nd option to have, but I think Harris gives us the chance of a giant boom on every return. Nice to have both on the team though. As for Harris getting injured, man... I hate to say it, but what makes him special also makes him a risk. He's little. Like, he makes Tommylee-da-flea look like a grown man. A 5'6" 165 lbs guy getting tackled by 200-250 lb monsters... doesn't take too many solid hits to put him out of the game. I love the guy, but this is always my fear with him.

And as for our ST's blocking... Our unit is ranked near the top in all catagories. Lutz-Morstead-Harris. A returner doesn't steady get all those yards without blocking. I think we're fine there.

Well, for Peat, I don't think he has the history of concussions like Josh Hill. Hopefully that clears up quickly. I'd feel worse if he was again nursing an ankle or lower leg issue.

Denver is not great against the run but has a better pass rush. Can they get away with just letting Peat sit a game. Keep him fresh for the stretch.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom