Saints announce All-50th team (1 Viewer)

How do Reggie Bush and Bobby Hebert get on this team but Aaron Brooks doesn't? That is insane.

Easily, because they both meant more than Aaron. Think about this for a second, how many playoff games have we won without Reggie. Bush also has our longest punt return for a TD in the playoffs, longest playoff TD run, and longest TD playoff reception.

As for Bobby he had a heck of a winning percentage with not much weaponry.

Aaron had one good half season. That's it. The rest of the time was an absolute **** show. He got worse every single year. Brooks was never a leader and once the league figured out that he would spin to his left whenever he was pressured it was over for him. I've never seen a QB literally get worse every game like he did. I was in San Diego for the famous backwards pass. I remember being fired up and after that I just sat down for the rest of the game knowing full well that we were finally going to get rid of him.

Mike McKenzie is a personal fave. I guess him and Greer weren't here long enough to get the nod.

Kyle Turley had some good years.

And totally agree that A A Ron Brooks is the 2nd best Saints QB of all time. It's really time we took media and people to task for ignoring him. I'm not going to come out and say it's racism (I loathe the race card) but there is a correlation between people I knew who bash Brooks and people I knew who make racists comments. A very significant correlation. Ok. Whatever. I came out and said it.

You loathe the race card yet you just dealt it from the bottom of the deck! Did you actually watch AB play? I don't know why you guys are trying to rewrite history. Those were some bad years with Haslett letting go of guys like Jake D to keep an Aaron Brooks. It would cost Haslett his job, thank goodness. RACE had nothing to do with how bad the Quarterback was in those days.

I don't think some of the younger Saints fans can appreciate what Bobby did for this team. I don't hate Brooks, but I didn't like him either. Something about those smiles after an INT just rubbed me the wrong way. I am pretty sure it was his way of working through it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom