Saints are 4-0 (1 Viewer)

Let's add the no call on Will Smith's INT when he just got molested by the D lineman. Ridiculous.
Umm, you do realize that there can be no pass interference once the ball is touched (Auburn LSU games excluded apparently)?

The Hargrove call, and one we got away with for Strief holding two fistfulls of jersey were the only standout really awful calls all game to me. Sloppy game on both sides as far as real penalties though.

Hargrove hit Edwards while he was in a headfirst dive before his body even hit the ground. How was that a good call? A quarterback who dives get's the same treatment as anyone else. The Refs missed it. That first one with the tap to the head was also BS...You can't call that there was nothing wrong with that contact...

Total crap game called by the officials.

Umm, you do realize that there can be no pass interference once the ball is touched (Auburn LSU games excluded apparently)?

The Hargrove call, and one we got away with for Strief holding two fistfulls of jersey were the only standout really awful calls all game to me. Sloppy game on both sides as far as real penalties though.
IN NO WAY shape or form did Shockey trip ANYONE And Smith was pulled to the ground by the facemask When a QB dives headfirst he is a runner

Is it just me, or does it seem like tripping has been emphasized this year? I've seen it called in several games every week so far this season, when I can hardly remember it ever being called in the past.

IN NO WAY shape or form did Shockey trip ANYONE And Smith was pulled to the ground by the facemask When a QB dives headfirst he is a runner
Take off the homer glasses, he picks up his leg and slides it over. A lot of times they let these slide, but that was as clear a trip as you'll ever see on film.

I'm all for calling out REAL blunders by the officials, like Minnesota last year, but if we want to keep credibility as a fan base or as a forum we have to be realistic and honest. We don't want to become the cry babies that the Seahawks and Panthers are notorious for being.

I noticed on the left side of the Saints O line #64 I THINK kept moving before the snap and it was only called twice I think. Anyone that taped the game have a look and correct me if I am wrong.
The calls on both sides were BAD

Take off the homer glasses, he picks up his leg and slides it over. A lot of times they let these slide, but that was as clear a trip as you'll ever see on film.

I'm all for calling out REAL blunders by the officials, like Minnesota last year, but if we want to keep credibility as a fan base or as a forum we have to be realistic and honest. We don't want to become the cry babies that the Seahawks and Panthers are notorious for being.

I have to respectfully disagree. The "leg extended" trip by Flozel Adams was a trip. Setting his feet to block and the defender trying to split the gap, I don't believe is wearing "homer" glasses. I defer to John Lynch, calling the game, who called bull on this flag.

Now, claiming that the Sharper hit wasn't questionable would be a homer call. Just watching it you had to think it could draw the flag.

I do, however, agree with you that we must stick to the really bad calls, like the calls against Hargrove.

Well if you ever played organized football....you need to get a wide stance to block better and thats what J Shock did

What made the Hargrove late hit call on Edwards (7 yards downfield) even more egregious was that 3 plays later, when Will Smith grabbed the INT out of the air, the Bills center ripped him to the ground by the facemask. In front of 3 officials busily waiving their arms over their heads.

Hello?

Just looked at it again on DVR, and Lynch's comments. He said he'd seen "worse" not get called, not that it wasn't a trip. Just watched Shockey look over and see he couldn't get him and lift his leg out for the trip looking down at his leg. Slo-mo it on DVR if you don't believe me. It's like the light hold that's still a hold and gets called. Sometimes you get away with them, but it clearly was an intentional trip and there's no debate about it. Video does not lie.

What made the Hargrove late hit call on Edwards (7 yards downfield) even more egregious was that 3 plays later, when Will Smith grabbed the INT out of the air, the Bills center ripped him to the ground by the facemask. In front of 3 officials busily waiving their arms over their heads.

Hello?
Yeah, I forgot about that, clearly late, clearly at the head, and clearly 15yards. Still, I just don't think the calls in this game as a whole were remotely near awful. See Minnesota last year for both awful and game-changing.

geez, hargrove should change his number, he must be really standing out to the refs:hihi:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom