Saints are a better team since last Eagles matchup. (1 Viewer)

Stalwart385

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I've been hearing a lot of talk about how the Eagles have improved and the Saints declined since their last meeting. Rarely do you hear mentioned that the Saints will be a much better team since their last meeting. Here are some things the Eagles didn't see.

1. Saints will have their Pro-bowl Tackle that they played without. Armstead was PFF's #1 Tackle for most of the year, only overtaken to be the #2 while sitting out with an injury. This team depends heavily on their offensive line. Having them full go makes the offense a different animal. They depended heavily on the right side of the line in their slow stretch.
2. Saints will have their talented Rookie DE to bookend their strong right side of Jordan and Rankins. He was PFF's highest graded rookie DE. Okafor is admirable but he doesn't create the remember me hits that have QBs thinking about their blindside the rest of the game.
3. Saints will have a dependable #2 Vet WR that can stretch the field. TQS had a good game against the Eagles but since then a chunk of their offensive struggles have come from lacking a reliable #2 WR. Doubling Thomas and Kamara became a viable strategy without Ginn.

It is also worth mentioning that this defense has not just helped create blowouts but has won games for us since the Eagles' game. If the Eagles think they are playing the same team in that last matchup they will be sorely mistaken. While the Eagles may have improved the quick passing game that spreads the ball and their DBs have settled in, the Saints haven't stayed stagnant and declined. They have won games while getting healthy and are at a full force that the Eagles haven't seen before.

I think Ginn will have the biggest impact alongside a healthy offensive line to winning these three games as Ginn provides the offense to run at it's ultimate design because of the tole Ginn plays in the offense.

Thomas, Ginn, Kanara and Ingram with splash production from players like Watson, Arnold, TQS and Kirkwood I think this offense has such a design where players like these are able to play to a strength.

I've been hearing a lot of talk about how the Eagles have improved and the Saints declined since their last meeting. Rarely do you hear mentioned that the Saints will be a much better team since their last meeting. Here are some things the Eagles didn't see.

1. Saints will have their Pro-bowl Tackle that they played without. Armstead was PFF's #1 Tackle for most of the year, only overtaken to be the #2 while sitting out with an injury. This team depends heavily on their offensive line. Having them full go makes the offense a different animal. They depended heavily on the right side of the line in their slow stretch.
2. Saints will have their talented Rookie DE to bookend their strong right side of Jordan and Rankins. He was PFF's highest graded rookie DE. Okafor is admirable but he doesn't create the remember me hits that have QBs thinking about their blindside the rest of the game.
3. Saints will have a dependable #2 Vet WR that can stretch the field. TQS had a good game against the Eagles but since then a chunk of their offensive struggles have come from lacking a reliable #2 WR. Doubling Thomas and Kamara became a viable strategy without Ginn.

It is also worth mentioning that this defense has not just helped create blowouts but has won games for us since the Eagles' game. If the Eagles think they are playing the same team in that last matchup they will be sorely mistaken. While the Eagles may have improved the quick passing game that spreads the ball and their DBs have settled in, the Saints haven't stayed stagnant and declined. They have won games while getting healthy and are at a full force that the Eagles haven't seen before.
Thank you! Now that’s a post! That’s what I have been telling people all week!

Well written, well said.

21 days rest for some key starters
Cart full of cash and a trophy
Media fueling a fire in the bayou
Who dat chant with Bush and Vilma
It's gonna be loud....real loud
Come out hot and keep the foot on the gas.

Well said. Let’s hope that the refs call a fair game. Remember me shots can’t be called as roughing the passer otherwise we could give up critical yardage and possibly points. We need to play smart and hard.

Well said. Let’s hope that the refs call a fair game. Remember me shots can’t be called as roughing the passer otherwise we could give up critical yardage and possibly points. We need to play smart and hard.
The Saints are 11-1 with this referee (Carl Cheffers), and he reffed the Saints blowout of the Eagles the last game. He's also called fairly even fouls against the Saints and their opponents, something like an average of 7 penalties per game against the Saints and 6 per game against their opponents. The Saints just haven't given up crazy penalties. Just mostly false starts, an occasional offensive holding, and maybe a five yard first down on defense. But no crazy major penalties.

The Saints are a better team than the last time the played. So are the Eagles. Their defensive back starters that were hurt the last time we played are back and healthy. Darren Sproles is playing. Nick Foles is playing better than Wentz.

I like the Saints chances to win, but I expect a much tougher game.

The Saints are a better team than the last time the played. So are the Eagles. Their defensive back starters that were hurt the last time we played are back and healthy. Darren Sproles is playing. Nick Foles is playing better than Wentz.

I'm not declaring a blowout, a lot of things have to go your way to get a score like that. Wentz had the worst game of his career. In his last 28 games, his next lowest QB rating was 51.1 points higher than the 31.9 he posted that game. They also had a big DB turnover before and during that game. Given the same exact players a couple months later and I wouldn't expect a score like that. Now, if Foles has the worst game of his career and they lose 3 DBs I would expect a blowout.

I'm just tired of the narrative that paints the Saints as a team that has peaked and the Eagles as ascending. The Saints are coming in as a stronger team than they were in that game. I expect them to win if both teams play a good game.

You mean the same dbs that were getting beat left and right against the bears?Their best dbs are both still out and out for the season. Most of those dbs got hurt in our game. Them being back would actually matter if they were any good. They will get picked apart. Dak prescott picked them apart and trubisky picked them apart at times. If their d line can't get to brees they are in trouble.

Their secondary is a little better(not much) since the last time we played them. Part of that has to do with the qbs they have been playing. Those same dbs were getting worked In the game against us before they went down. I watched them against chicago and they were horrible. Only way their secondary does decent is if our receivers have a bad game.Thomas and ginn,Will eat them alive.

The only difference in this game will be foles and sproles .

Last edited:
The Saints are 11-1 with this referee (Carl Cheffers), and he reffed the Saints blowout of the Eagles the last game. He's also called fairly even fouls against the Saints and their opponents, something like an average of 7 penalties per game against the Saints and 6 per game against their opponents. The Saints just haven't given up crazy penalties. Just mostly false starts, an occasional offensive holding, and maybe a five yard first down on defense. But no crazy major penalties.

Ah, that's good to know. I didn't see who are ref crew would be for the game.

Thank you. About time people take notice of this. Here, have a “like” vote.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom