Saints are not utilizing crowd noise to their advantage (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
The Saints are not utilizing crowd noise to their advantage. I watched the Seattle / NE game and Seattle had the noise cranked up full blast when NE had the ball, I was surprised at how loud it was. The Saints had no crowd noise when the Packers had the ball. Someone needs to let them know how to use the crowd noise.

The decibels are set by the league. Where the microphones are placed in different stadiums might make some stadiums seem louder on tv, but they’re not.
The stadiums that are allowing fans can keep using fake noise plus the natural noise of the fans.

There were 750 people in attendance Sunday night. They just weren't loud enough! If you're one of the 750 allowed to attend, you have a responsibility to WHODATs everywhere to make enough noise for at least 50 people. Family, friend, infant, girl Jackrabbit met at the bar Friday night? It doesn't matter. You need to get the job done!

The Saints are not utilizing crowd noise to their advantage. I watched the Seattle / NE game and Seattle had the noise cranked up full blast when NE had the ball, I was surprised at how loud it was. The Saints had no crowd noise when the Packers had the ball. Someone needs to let them know how to use the crowd noise.

Someone with an acoustical background posted the following years ago. It was when crowd noise was all the rage,specifically
Seattle. The superdome has noise buffering panels installed. The reason is the dome also holds events like monster truck
shows and rock concerts. Without those panels,those events would cause fissure cracks in the concrete.

I think they should mic the home crowd for a full season and then use the average highs and lows to save for each team to use in the future in case something like this ever happens again. The home crowds that normally provide a huge advantage are now at a disadvantage and we saw that Sunday night.

That crowd noise you hear on TV is added by the network. They're not playing that on stadium speakers.

There were 750 people in attendance Sunday night. They just weren't loud enough! If you're one of the 750 allowed to attend, you have a responsibility to WHODATs everywhere to make enough noise for at least 50 people. Family, friend, infant, girl Jackrabbit met at the bar Friday night? It doesn't matter. You need to get the job done!

I blame Drews kids. They were more interested in their phones.

I think they should mic the home crowd for a full season and then use the average highs and lows to save for each team to use in the future in case something like this ever happens again. The home crowds that normally provide a huge advantage are now at a disadvantage and we saw that Sunday night.
Didn’t the TV commentators explain that’s what they were using? I thought I heard them say they were using recordings of the Dome crowd from previous seasons.

Looked like they were all in the suites and not by the field

That crowd noise you hear on TV is added by the network. They're not playing that on stadium speakers.

I think it's actually in the stadium. The NFL started by allowing 70 decibels but then raised it to 80 last week. It's definitely not fair to teams like Seattle and New Orleans.

Didn’t the TV commentators explain that’s what they were using? I thought I heard them say they were using recordings of the Dome crowd from previous seasons.

Yes but I feel like everyone is getting the same level crowd noise. It should be based off the highs and lows of each crowd. No way the noise Sunday night was indicative of a normal Dome crowd.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom