Saints are "on the clock" on SportsCenter today (2 Viewers)

I'm surprised they even mentioned the Saints at all. It would have been typical if they had just come up with a gimmick like a projected trade that knocks the Saints out of the position JUST SO they could talk about someone else.

Also, I didn't see the piece, but WHY would Hoge or any of them bring up Bush on a show about our draft position? How did they relate their comments about Bush to our draft choice this year?

Why are people not talking about the Saints taking Mike Jenkins? What am I missing here. I agree that DRC is smooth and very coachable but teams are gonna regret passing on Jenkins.

Yea, I see where the draft sites have hung a few negative buzz terms on Jenkins and I read about how "non-violently" opposed the man after a bar fight .... but that dude is a possible pro-bowler.

PS: I know people who've been charged with that cause they walked up and asked "hey why you arresting that guy? He didn't do anything!" bamm they arrest that guy too....

Also, they spoke on Reggie Bush. And I think Hoge and Mortensen were mearly spot on. Hoge spoke about how Reggie was inconsistent. He said that Reggie would run well at times. But then he would revert back to some of his freelancing style. I personally think part of the latter was due to the way defenses adjusted at the half and put more people in the box to stop the run. In trying to make a bigger play, Reggie would dance around. I also thought Mort was right when he said that Reggie dealt with some things both on and off the field and drew somewhat inwardly. I can vouch for that. Mort pointed out that Reggie has rededicated himself. I think that will end up making the difference.
It's one thing to say that Reggie has been inconsistent...that he's disappointed some...but you can STILL acknowledge, as Hoge did, that he did run very well at times. I think that's the point I tried to address in another thread.

When I think on what should I expect from Reggie this year, is for him to have the similar impact as Devin Hester has with the bears. When I hear announcers say "Don't kick it to Hester" I think of Reggie Bush.

Reggie should be a factor of fear to our opponents, I don't care if it is running, receiving or playing special teams. I frankly don't care about any statistics of Reggie besides touchdowns. To me Bush is a "luxury item" that makes a good offense incredible. I think Reggie has to learn to do the little things as Hodge stated but also Payton should realize that Reggie is not a player to build an offense around but to compliment it.

Teams should be scared of giving the ball away for Reggie to win games. When we get to the point to use Reggie not as a conventional player, but a difference maker, we will getting the impact expected of him when we drafted him.

Kiper then says how Joey Porter would love having Dorsey on the Dolphins to 'keep blockers off him.' Huh?!?!?!

What's your point? He probably would. You dont remember Ray Lewis lobbying for a DT so he can return to his probowl status?

What's your point? He probably would. You dont remember Ray Lewis lobbying for a DT so he can return to his probowl status?

Dorsey isn't a space eating DT that keeps blockers off a LB though, he's a penatrating DT. Tony Siragousa was the space eating DT type that Ray wanted.

When I think on what should I expect from Reggie this year, is for him to have the similar impact as Devin Hester has with the bears. When I hear announcers say "Don't kick it to Hester" I think of Reggie Bush.

Reggie and Devin are very different types of returners. Hester is actually more quick than he is fast. As good as Reggie is in space he will never be the returner that Hester is. Why Sean doesn't just make him a receiver is beyond me. He could EASILY be a Pro-Bowl WR. Whatever it is a decision needs to be made on Reggie because his development in the NFL is being hindered greatly from the gimmick usage.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom