Saints are "on the clock" on SportsCenter today (1 Viewer)

King Mello

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
@ 5.... sorry if its been posted already, it wasn't on the first page so i figured it hadn't been mentioned, if it has o well think of it as a reminder.. but for those who watch ESPN, SportsCenter has been doing breakdowns of each team everyday with a panel of Jaws, Mort, Mel Kiper, and Mike Tirico(sp?) and the Saints are up today... tune in for those interested, i know its ESPN but anything Saints related i'm all ears

Kiper will likely try to push Talib as our pick though Talib is OVERRATED. The way Kiper has pushed Talib is similar to the way that Mayock talked up Chris Houston last year. He might throw Cromartie's name it...maybe even McKelvin. But I won't be surprised if the talk is all about a CB and the name is Talib.

Kiper will likely try to push Talib as our pick though Talib is OVERRATED. The way Kiper has pushed Talib is similar to the way that Mayock talked up Chris Houston last year. He might throw Cromartie's name it...maybe even McKelvin. But I won't be surprised if the talk is all about a CB and the name is Talib.

if i'm not mistaken i dont think he even mentioned Talib when talking about the Bills yesterday, i think he just spoke on McKelvin and Cromartie at the CB spot

“There is no way I’d touch (Talib),” one team told PFW. “He’s gotten into a lot of trouble, and he still does not get it.”

“He’s got a laundry list of issues,” another team executive said of Talib's off-the-field behavior. “He’s not a one-time offender. Give a guy like him money, and it never gets better. It only gets worse.”

Talib was suspended for two games in 2006 for disciplinary reasons and has numerous non-drug-related issues that concern teams, although he has told teams that he has changed his ways since his daughter was born on June 22, 2007.

I doubt we touch Talib. I think he could quite easily drop into round 2.

I doubt we touch Talib. I think he could quite easily drop into round 2.

If he does, I'd jump all over him in round 2.

Let's be honest here. Lots of players smoke weed and lots of very succesful people in society smoke weed. Heck Warren Sapp dropped because he tested positive. I would not take the risk on him at 10 because of the test and I don't think he is worth the 10th pick, but he'd be well worth the risk in round 2 and he would be great value.

I dont know, im not saying that i trust Talib, but i know that when i had my daughter, it changed my life around real quick and i grew up pretty fast. Im not saying that is the way it is for everyone, but if you want to be a good father, you have to be responsible. Hopefully it did change him, and he still drops to us in the second.

Somebody smoking a joint isn't scary--somebody smoking a joint that they know is gonna cost them $5mil--that's scary.

It's a sign of either stupidity or an utter disregard of the rules--either way, it sends a message that you can't depend on them, ya know?

Somebody smoking a joint isn't scary--somebody smoking a joint that they know is gonna cost them $5mil--that's scary.

It's a sign of either stupidity or an utter disregard of the rules--either way, it sends a message that you can't depend on them, ya know?

The same can be said for any recent college grad going on to a very lucrative position.

its also a sign of youth, which is something you tend to grow out of in college... the man said he changed his ways when his daughter was born in 07 and i believe em, wasn't like he was robbing banks.. regardless i still wouldn't pick him at 10

If it matters at all, I'm out of college, in a somewhat lucrative position, and smoke a good amount of weed. I don't think that's a big deal at all for most people, as long as they can handle the responsibilities.

It's not a matter of his personality (you're not necessarily evil, bad, supid, or irresponsible if you smoke weed), or the financial part of smoking weed that bothers me about a football player, it's the physical. It does hamper running ability, no matter how hard he trains. It does promote lethargy, which isn't a big deal if you're chained behind a desk, but when you have to motivate yourself to do all the strenuous activity that accompanies a career in football, it's an issue.

The same can be said for any recent college grad going on to a very lucrative position.

You make a fair point, except I think it's different in that these players now that they're tested and they still proceed with the action. If they had great focus on being an NFL player they wouldn't put themselves in this situtation. And it seems he failed 3 times, not just once.

To me this reminds me of the wonderlic test. In itself it's not very important. It's more about the fact that the player didn't prepare and shows a lack of focus and dedication.

Also it seems he's had more trouble than smoking it seems.

You make a fair point, except I think it's different in that these players now that they're tested and they still proceed with the action. If they had great focus on being an NFL player they wouldn't put themselves in this situtation. And it seems he failed 3 times, not just once.

To me this reminds me of the wonderlic test. In itself it's not very important. It's more about the fact that the player didn't prepare and shows a lack of focus and dedication.

Very true. I won't argue that. If companies had the same procedures as college sports, then how many potential employees would have their resumes filed at the bottom of the stack? How many would be hazing then? You are irresponsible if you haze at any point of a promising career.

I don't have a prob with somebody smoking a joint--my prob is when you know that you will get drug tested AND your teammates and fans lose you for 4 games for that one joint. And then a year for the next one.

Heck, I wish they'd legalize weed. But until then, you have to follow the rules.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom